Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shiss15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Craftsman LT2000 Belts
    How do you change belt on this tractor? The belt that needs changing is the one that allows the tractor to cut - not the driving belt.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Hi,
    Remove from engine sheave(pulley,) move to engagement position, loosen idler if needed and guides(sometimes the cover(s) over the blade sheaves are also guides. Put belt on in reverse order.
    Peace,
    crigby
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
    This is a link to my stock answer for most every tractor around including Sears. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-...am-137312.html Your deck should have a decal showing the belt route. You can also get a manual from Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears have your model number on hand to get a manual

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gear repair on Craftsman LT2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have aCraftsman LT2000 lawn and garden tractor. It will not shift into 5 or 6 gear.How can I fix it?

Craftsman LT2000, Belt Broke, Now, No Juice [ 3 Answers ]

While cutting my grass, the main mower belt broke, at the same time, the engine killed. Once I replaced the belt, I tried to start the tractor. When I turned the key, nothing... the volt meter needle doesn't move, the LCD hour meter does not come on, no juice to the starter, nothing. I tried...

Drive belt on craftsman lt2000 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I put the belt back on? Took out the battery and holder to get to pulley, have clutch disengaged (locked) and cannot get enough slack to put belt on?

Craftsman Belts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lawn tractor, model #917.272681. I had to change the mower blade drive belt and it seems really loose. Is there a way to tighten it?

View more questions Search