Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dale007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 02:48 AM
    I need to understand
    I' m a 40 yr old m with the beginning of a possible life threatening illness.. about 4 months ago I met Violet who is 22 and we started seeing each other. I have NEVER felt anything like the personal connection Ive felt with anyone like her.. it was beyond sexual.. we could TALK. The sex part we both very much enjoyed.
    Yesterday her and I went for dinner.. all was well as normal.. its an open relationship and she recently started.. recently seeing a 32 year old guy.. I was aware and all was fine.. we talked and she assured me all was well.. she has often told me she loves me.. is in love with me and I REALLY felt it was true in my heart..
    Today she tells we are ending our sexual part of our relationship.. that it felt weird to her over the past week.. but she didn't know how to tell me..
    She calims she still loves me but we can't be lovers.. Im so damn confused.. did I get dumped for another.. does she just need space.. will this change.. help me I'm hurting.. what do I do /did wrong ?

ARE WE STILL FRIENDS OR??

Thanks,
    Dale
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 03:04 AM
    From my point of view, she wanted to intiate an "Open relationship" so that she had the opportunity to see other people. So she saw other people, met one, and now wants to be with him. I'm sorry, that's what it looks like to me.

Those young'ns can be so darn unpredictable. I would suggest not contacting her and moving on. Regardless of your condition you must live life to its fullest and make yourself happy.

CARPE DIEM!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Yep she wants to be with the other guy now, you are now the friend to her. Sorry mate
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Feelings aside (and that's completely necessary to properly judge the reality of many situations... set your feelings aside), feelings aside... this is a dating experiment that is calmly coming to a conclusion.

How difficult a conclusion it will be will be a measure of how mature and graceful you two are.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 06:29 AM
    It sounds like she has found someone else. Take care of yourself and your health. Spend your time with family and friends. Live life to the fullest.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Yep, you got dumped for another, and if you can accept she has some other love interest, then you can be friends. Otherwise leave her alone, and pursue your own interest, and let her do the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to understand - I truly do [ 22 Answers ]

Please help me understand why this should not upset me because it does. I was so close to having my mind made up in voting for Barack. So close to the point it felt good and right. And then this. And this is not that made up slop email stuff trying to hurt him, this is real. It is one thing...

Need to understand her [ 12 Answers ]

Hi guys/gals, I´m a 30 y/o male, European (if that matters) and this is my first time around. Anyway, to the point: I´ve been working in this same place for almost 5 years now. When I first got there, there was a young woman (she´s 28 now) that caught my attention. Soon, I discovered that she...

I don't understand him! Or me! [ 3 Answers ]

Since he's a shy guy it's quiet hard to understand him. 1. we aren't that close, because we don't talk much even if we do it's mostly me starting the conversation!. and I'm fed up about it! 2. he barely comes to my class to chat up with me or anything! 3. we rarely hang out after skul, because...

Don't understand why? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My long-time boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now. I had issues ever since my first period with not getting it on time. Back in Dec. I went to the gyno and she had given me medication to take for 10 days and I should get it.. well I got it and then have...

Trying to understand her. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been on and off with this girl for a couple months now. Before we met she broke up with a boyfriend and seems to still have some baggage from that. I have not been with her sexually in a couple of weeks because she made it clear that she wasn't ready to jump into a serious relationship yet...

View more questions Search