Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 10, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Maybe I am just venting, maybe not
    Ugh, so I generally try not to talk about me. Well, you know what I mean, I don't give the personal information about things that really bother me, because generally things don't really bother me. I am so the type to break up with someone if I know a relationship is stagnant and never look back type of person. But, here comes the but. There is one relationship that I can never get over. We met when we were in college a few years back. I contacted him and we rekindled our relationship, but I broke up with him after about nine months of rekindling because I live in Indiana and he lives in Cali.(two different worlds basically) I am usually fine about breaking up with someone because I move on very easily, but this one, this one does something to me. I think about him at least once a week. I am not lonely because I really do have someone to fill that void, temporary guy (but he knows that he is just temporary). I told Cali guy, I will call him Cali guy, that I have school to concentrate on, but for some reason tonight I decided to call and then text him. That is so not me. Why did I do that?? If I told my friends they would have a field day with me. So I am telling you forum. I don't know what I am asking. I don't know if I am just trying to vent. I have a straightforward answer for everything, but for this one I am totally lost. And yes, he does love me, marriage and children were very much discussed. Maybe I don't want to give up my goals. He is a struggling filmmaker that I think is brilliant, but I am a finance major that doesn't want to end up barefoot and pregnant while my husband is waiting on his big break. Is that selfish? But he is the only man that I have loved like this, but at the same time I believe that you can have many loves in your lifetime. I need to shuffle through this mess that is going through my head or at least find someone to help me to.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Love isn't smart or dumb. It just is. Love happens on its own and has a power of its own. Love is a motivating force.

But that's where the romance ends. After that, you have to live in the real world. You can love and WILL love many people in your lifetime. You will never forget any of them. You will never get over (not really) any of them. The love you feel for all of them will BE part of you forever.

But you have to live in the real world. The guy you love the strongest (so far) may literally BE the worst "match" for you. Why? Because love is ignorant, it doesn't care about facts or needs or babies or retirement, it just IS.

So, you have to be smarter than your heart. It is a Hollywood concept that tricks us into thinking the person we love the most is our destiny. It's romantic, but it's a simplistic idea that is devoid of real-world considerations.

This is your life to live. Your life WILL take on a form based on the choices you make. If you are going to make whole-life choices, you need to decide what to base them on:
    - Feelings of love - over which you have no control whatsoever
    - Judgments of compatibility - over which you have complete control

I have loved 4 women in my life. My first was the strongest, my third was the wildest, but the last has been the best because it was based on SO MANY right things coming together, we have given ourselves every chance at a fun, permanent life together. 23 years and counting...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wet venting [ 2 Answers ]

I was looking at a picture showing a wet vent for lavatory and the tub(both)... Is both OK? And is tub at least for venting purposes same as a shower unit? The vent comes down between the toilet and tub picking the lav drain first then proceeds to 2" line from tub to toilet then out. How far back...

Venting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a two part question. 1.This is new construction and I have a question related to the venting. I have a 3” horizontal pipe installed between to floor joist. Attached to this pipe is a shower (seperate), bathtub(seperate) and toilet. This is how I have laid it out starting at the end of...

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , In the basement , there is a mechanical vent on a bathtub wich tells me its not vented by the main stack. Could the tub be changed to a shower stall. Also wich size drain should the shower stall be?

Venting Thanks [ 7 Answers ]

Spent last 3 hrs reading threads, trying to answer my questions. Thank you for this site! I am working on new construction. I would like to confirm some things I think I learned on this site. Please answer T/F. If False please fix me. 1 every fixture w/trap needs vented. EX tub lav toilet...

Tub Venting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm rebuilding a 1920's bathroom from the floor joist and studs, the question I have is the 1 1/2" Tub Over Flow ties into the trap which then ties into a 3" stack with a 3x3x1-1/2" Sanitary Tee. Do I need to install a vent in for the tub if the trap is 12" away from the stack? ...

View more questions Search