Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlyoung99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Relocating Sink Drain/Vent to Dedicated Stack Serving Kitchen Sink & Dishwasher
    I am relocating an upstairs vanity sink from one wall to another (also going from single to double bowl). Rather than relocate the drain and vent pipe, I am hoping that I can tie into a 1-1/2" copper vent pipe that is located right behind the vanities intended location. The copper vent pipe is from a dedicated vent/drain that runs from below the concrete slab in my basement up through the roof. The vent/drain serves my kitchen sink and dishwasher. From what I can tell, the pipe runs vertical for the entire run and the kitchen/dishwasher is branched off of this main vertical stack.

Is it permissible for me to tie directly into this vent/drain pipe? If so, I assume that I have to run an 1-1/2" horizontal drain line from the sinks to the main stack and add a vent line above the sink drains tying back into the main stack.
    What are the correct fittings to accomplish this?
    Are there any simple images/links you can provide to help answer these questions?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    tlyoung99
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 11, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Bump
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Nudge
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 12, 2008, 05:42 AM
    The copper vent pipe is from a dedicated vent/drain that runs from below the concrete slab in my basement up through the roof. The vent/drain serves my kitchen sink and dishwasher. Is it permissible for me to tie directly into this vent/drain pipe? If so, I assume that I have to run an 1-1/2" horizontal drain line from the sinks to the main stack and add a vent line above the sink drains tying back into the main stack.
    To tie your vanity drain back to that copper vent you would have to cut in a vent for the kitchen and run it up 6" over the flood rim of your vanity and then revent back into the copper vent.
    Good luck, Tom PS. Sorry for the delay in answering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow drain in double kitchen sink with inline vent [ 29 Answers ]

Hi Just moved to a new place, and lovin' it -- except for the kitchen sink. It drains very slow, and backs up into both bowls. I dismantled the whole construction, but no clogging in the PVC-pipes. There was a Studor Redi-Vent installed, see STUDOR (R) inVENTive Technology (TM) - Air...

Kitchen Sink Vent & Drain Plan - need opinions [ 14 Answers ]

hi peeps. just remodeling my kitchen now.. have removed the counter and original sink and cabinets. The new sink will be installed in same place as original, which is right under the window. original kitchen sink on main floor of house did NOT have a vent, so I am adding one. the...

Relocating kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling my kitchen and would like to relocate my sink and dishwasher. I think if I get the sink vented correctly, I should be able to hook the dish washer up with no problems. Can I use the trap under the sink and just run the drain pipe from the trap over to where the sink was and hook up...

Kitchen sink relocation- Drain and vent question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to relocate the sink to the opposite wall. This is about 10' from the current location. Can I just extend the drain pipe under the floor from old to the new location ? I am not quite sure if there other code requirements. I think a slope of 1/4 per foot is one requirement. Thanks,...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search