Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreamduv5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Sandy Lawn
    Question regarding lawn... My sister-in-law, recently widowed just bought a home and the lawn is very sandy. It even grows some (a few) cactus type plants. She was wondering if I could find an answer for her here about what she can do to heal her lawn without replacing it. We appreciate any help. Thanks in advance, Kathy and Debra
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 15, 2008, 12:37 PM
    A sandy lawn will benefit from adding organic matter of any kind. This will improve drainage and water holding capacity (it drains too fast now) and add nutrients that will be available for plants.. You can use peat moss, compost, well rotted manure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sandy Koufax Rookie Card [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sandy Koufax rookie card in mint condition. Does anyone know what this could be worth? Found in my husband's childhood desk when cleaning out his mother's old house.

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

Dirty sandy well water [ 2 Answers ]

Every once and a while our well water gets very diry with fine black sand. It just sems to happen. A day later it returns to clear and all seems all right. The holding tanks are coated with the sand and difficult to clean. Can you tell me what causes this and what I can do to stop it. I am...

Sandy material in water cooled A/C [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo where we have water cooled 3 ton heat pumps for each unit. We have a large cooling tower on the roof. Our building is 25 years old and about a quarter mile from the beach in Florida. My A/C shut down yesterday and when I restarted it it did the same after a few minutes. I...

View more questions Search