Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 4, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tadita83 View Post
    Thank you all for your advice! I just wanted to update you on the situation. I have since broken up with this guy. He did not treat me the way i felt I should be treated and I think a lot of that has to do with him not being a Christian. The bible says that husbands (although he was not my husband, but even still the guy in the relationship) should love their wives as Christ loves the church. So I guess it was insane of me to expect him to love me in that way when he did not understand the love of God.

I'm still a little heart broken about the whole thing for several reasons. ONe the obvious, i loved this man, and still do even though I'm the one who did the dumping. Two, I feel like I have failed him. I didn't do enough to share the love of God with him. Now I feel like his soul is on my conscience. I had the opportunity and i didn't take it. So all of you out there that have been giving advice and praying for me, please pray for him because he needs to know Christ. I just wish that he could know what real love is. I tried to show him unconditional love, but my love pales in comparison to the love of God of which he has never known. So please everyone, pray for him. Only God can reach him!
    Will do.
    It is very loving of you and mature of you to be concerned with the destiny of his soul. :)

g&p
    fully_alive Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 09:38 AM
    hey there! i have read yur question and as much as i would like to read the others right now, i'm not, because i'm goin to focus on answerin yur question and not getin distracted by the others answers.k.
    first thing, i have to tell you this, and i'm telling you the truth and i know it's probably gonna hurt~ but i'm bein honest and goin only by the word of God. it says in the bible we are not to be unequally yoked. since you are a believer in Christ Jesus the son of the living God then you can not be with a non-believer. God will never put a believer and a non-believer together, it totally contradicts his word. now i, can understand if you were friends w/ this fellow and you had shared the gospel w/ him and then the guy recieved Jesus as his savoir and belived on him~ thats different than what yur sayin here. you say this is yur boyfriend , it also says in the bible~God's Word that you are not to commit forncations. Everyone is supposed to stay pure(virgin) until their married. you know this is true, but are you obeyin God? please do not get upset. if you are sinning, and living in sin. you need to come to the knowledge of it, and know that yur hurting the lord by sinning. God loves you very much and desires to have a personal spiritual relationship w/ you! God will still forgive you, he loves you that much~ he doesn't have to think twice about. you said you have burnt out. the truth is that God has never left you........the very reason the fire went out is because you left God. The Lord has feelings just like us, you know how painful it is when someone you love leaves you or rejects you.
    i know don't know what you were taught growing up. but as a christian, you are to obey God's word. Jesus is the vine and the children of God are the branches. John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
    you need to ask the Lord for forgiviness and turn away from yur sins.
    do not become a man pleaser, we are to please the only living GOD! we please him by having simple faith in his son Jesus Christ. its a daily walk with the Lord and everyday it takes a leap of faith or even a baby step.
    remember FIRST and GREATEST COMMANDMENT~we are to LOVE the LORD our GOD with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind. and many seem to forget this commandent~ it is second but not least. To love one another!
    love is not self-seeking or self-centered. :)
    * my advice on drinking, that is yur choice. God gave us freewill and that just shows us how much he loves us all, he wants us to love him back and doesn't want to force it, he commands us to obey his word, but he will not make us choose to do his will and obey it.
    I myself don't not drink, only because i don't want the risk of me getting drunk, which could lead to other things like harming others or myself. i can have fun without the stuff, i have seen what it can do to some people and it's hurts me to think of it.
    if you need to ask me any other questions or need any help you can contact me by myspace......i'll be glad to help you with yur relantionship w/ the Lord and in growing closer to him. [email protected]
    much love,peace and joy to you!!!!
    i'll be prayin for you!
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Dec 5, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fully_alive View Post
    hey there! i have read yur question and as much as i would like to read the others right now, i'm not, because i'm goin to focus on answerin yur question and not getin distracted by the others answers.k.
    first thing, i have to tell you this, and i'm telling you the truth and i know it's probably gonna hurt~ but i'm bein honest and goin only by the word of God. it says in the bible we are not to be unequally yoked. since you are a believer in Christ Jesus the son of the living God then you can not be with a non-believer. God will never put a believer and a non-believer together, it totally contradicts his word. now i, can understand if you were friends w/ this fellow and you had shared the gospel w/ him and then the guy recieved Jesus as his savoir and belived on him~ thats different than what yur sayin here. you say this is yur boyfriend , it also says in the bible~God's Word that you are not to commit forncations. Everyone is supposed to stay pure(virgin) until their married. you know this is true, but are you obeyin God? please do not get upset. if you are sinning, and living in sin. you need to come to the knowledge of it, and know that yur hurting the lord by sinning. God loves you very much and desires to have a personal spiritual relationship w/ you! God will still forgive you, he loves you that much~ he doesn't have to think twice about. you said you have burnt out. the truth is that God has never left you........the very reason the fire went out is because you left God. The Lord has feelings just like us, you know how painful it is when someone you love leaves you or rejects you.
    i know don't know what you were taught growing up. but as a christian, you are to obey God's word. Jesus is the vine and the children of God are the branches. John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
    you need to ask the Lord for forgiviness and turn away from yur sins.
    do not become a man pleaser, we are to please the only living GOD! we please him by having simple faith in his son Jesus Christ. its a daily walk with the Lord and everyday it takes a leap of faith or even a baby step.
    remember FIRST and GREATEST COMMANDMENT~we are to LOVE the LORD our GOD with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind. and many seem to forget this commandent~ it is second but not least. To love one another!
    love is not self-seeking or self-centered. :)
    * my advice on drinking, that is yur choice. God gave us freewill and that just shows us how much he loves us all, he wants us to love him back and doesn't want to force it, he commands us to obey his word, but he will not make us choose to do his will and obey it.
    I myself don't not drink, only because i don't want the risk of me getting drunk, which could lead to other things like harming others or myself. i can have fun without the stuff, i have seen what it can do to some people and it's hurts me to think of it.
    if you need to ask me any other questions or need any help you can contact me by myspace......i'll be glad to help you with yur relantionship w/ the Lord and in growing closer to him. [email protected]
    much love,peace and joy to you!!!!
    i'll be prayin for you!
    I do not wish to start an argument over this subject, but I will just say how much inclined some of us seem to be to affirm GOD would do this or would not do that... What do we know what GOD is like or what would GOD do?
    As to GOD never putting a believer with a non-believer, again this is something that, in my opinion, goes against the very spirit of Christ having died for ALL of us, believers or not. In fact, in several Gospels you can read that He pays more attention to sinners than to believers. Furthermore, one instance you can find when Jesus was criticized for choosing Mathew as one of his apostles and Evangelist, despite he was considered by the Jews a great sinner...
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2008, 12:17 PM
    gromitt82
    Excellent points, well made.
    Fred
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 5, 2008, 06:14 PM

Sorry you guys. Alive backed up what his opinions were with scripture. It is written not to be unequally yoked together. Now if one should come to the knowledge of Christ as Savior before their spouse does, it is not grounds for divorce, but the saved spouse should pray for the salvation of the other. I believe God makes it quite clear what we should and should not do. Take the 10 commandment for an example and the greatest of all is love one another. Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church and wives obey your husbands. Boy where did that come from. If only more husbands would take over as head of the house and more wives would just let them. Be so much easlier. I believe ms serious christian did say she no longer is going with the young man in question. I know she will find that right young man soon. I wish her well...
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 02:33 PM
    margar,
    Good for you.
    Fred
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 02:42 PM

Define unequally yoked
    What about two Christians that are not right for each other?
    What about a Christian and a non Christian that both have a desire to do missionary work?

My own view is that God like a parent tells you what is our best interest and well being
    But there is permissive will and perfect will
    If you choose permissive will and are not equally yoked then you are in for a harder life possibly.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
    N0help4u,
    Right.
    Two people who are unequally yoked are a push pull and drag problem.
    The only thing then can do IF they want to stay together is to struggle to become equally yoked.
    That is NOT an easy thing to accomplish.
    Often times the only solution is to become un-yoked.
    Pulling together as equally as possible is a marvelous way to move forward.
    It is sad that there are so many who do not realize that or work at it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Dec 6, 2008, 05:52 PM

I like to think of equally yoked is being of the same mind set. So a non christian and a christian can do missionary work because they have the same mind set. I am confused however, how a non christian would be a missionary outside the realm of service to Christ. There are a lot of non christians feeding and clothing people in poverty I suppose one could address as missionaries. This isn't how I think of a missionary. Yes I agree God gives us a free will to do what we want, but after salvation we should be seeking His devine plan for our lives. He alone knows what is best for us. He knows the beginning and the end of everyone. Counts the hairs on our heads He loves us so much. He loves it when we fellowship with Him. It is why He created us. I love Him so... He is so good to me and mine.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 07:57 PM
    margar.
    I believe that there are special cases.
    As an example...
    Two of my best friends are retired college professors. They travel to Spain and other countries helping people.
    He was raised a Catholic and she a Jew.
    They get along just fine working together and have done so for many years.
    They understand each others faith well.
    He is a professor of archaeology and she is a professor of anthropology and they get along fine with that as well.
    God bless them both, I pray.
    They are a good example of being oddly but well yoked.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Dec 7, 2008, 07:34 AM

Your friends are of one mind set. Even though they are different religions. Jesus was sent to the jewish people, rejected by them and then the message was given to the gentiles, who accepted Him. There will be awakening in the Jewish community I believe, but it probably won't come until the last days. I pray for the Jewish nation at this time. America needs to remain faithful to them. I guess that is a totally different topic, isn't it? I have enjoyed these responses from you all...

Dec 7, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Gromitt: I have read back to your response.
    I do not feel that God will listen to and respond to a non-christian more than a christian. The first prayer of a non-christian should be one of repentance and asking forgiveness of past sins. I am not sure non-christian prayers before salvation are heard. Something to figure out there. Think of it this way, if we call a company for information, do they ask us our name and do we find out there product information and then accept it as true before we agree to buy that product. Doesn't a relationship between the two of us has to take place first? I'm not sure I have made my point very clear??
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 05:34 PM
    margar,
    To be accurate one should not say flatly the Jews did not accept Jesus.
    That makes it appear as it all of them did which is not so.
    Hundreds even thousands of Jews accepted Jesus and still do.
    The Jews were the first Christians. It was they who spread the gospel to the known world.
    Praise God for what they did.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Dec 7, 2008, 05:54 PM

I didn't mean to say that all Jews in Christs time didn't believe he is God son. Yes, the apostles and crowds of people believed Jesus was the Son of God and not a mere prophet yes I realize the 12 apostles were Jews and many were martyred for the gospels sake. Thus it was spread to the gentiles. In present day, are Jews who accept Christ as Savior and Gods son accepted by their families? I have always heard they are shunned. I am searching here, not making waves. In the last days the Bible speaks of a number of Jews who will be saved. I really am getting off the main subject here aren't I?

Dec 7, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Do you believe the catching away of christians is close at hand?
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 06:50 PM
    margar
    No I do not.
    As I have said before we have far to many the EXPECT it to happen soon and the bible tells us that it will happen when the world least expects it.
    When the world gets to the point that many are disappointed that it did not happen and stop expecting it soon THEN it will happen sooner than now.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Dec 8, 2008, 06:28 AM

You stated it yourself when you said the world will not expect it. Jesus return is the fartherest thing away from the worlds thinking. The world doesn't give a hootenanny about His return. However, I believe it can happen any time. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned. This world isn't going to hold me here. I will be changed in a twinkling of an eye. I am expecting Jesus return any time. The scriptures even declare it for us to state the return can happen any time. I don't want any to be lost and if people think they have all the time in the world to get right with God, they'll put it off until maybe it may be too late. What do you think?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 06:58 PM
    margar,
    Let me make it MORE clear.
    Jesus said that He will come like a thief in the night when a we least expect it.
    MORE people on this world now expect the return of Christ SOON than EVER before.
    That is because of the many books and preachers who are PREDICTING the return to be very soon.
    They ARE ignoring the fact that all of the prophesies have not been fulfilled and in particular the building of the third temple of Yahweh on temple mount which is now under Muslim control.
    First the Jews must regain control of THEIR temple mount and then build a new temple which will take years.
    Then the anti-Christ comes to years later be booted out.
    That is why I think it will be at the least 100 years from now that Jesus returns to this planet in any way.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 07:30 PM

Yes the temple has to be rebuilt. But haven't we seen many things turn around over night in history in the past few decades? Look how we went from being an industrial nation and now most of our industry has gone overseas. In the 80's we barely had the modern technology we have today. One day CD's were the latest thing, now we have all these things that practically make CD's obsolete. One day we had the twin towers and the next minute they were gone and we ended up in homeland security! Who was expecting Homeland Security? Now we have Obama for change and we can expect just about anything. SO while we do not see the temple being built today, we see it controlled by Muslims who's to say it won't be different within a few years? Look at the Berlin wall one decade it was there the next it was gone.

Dec 8, 2008, 07:30 PM

Yes I forgot about the temple having to be built. What do you feel might have to happen for that muslim temple to be replaced? Do you think it might be destroyed by a war of some kind? Might this be the very temple where the antichrist dies and comes back to life?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To All Self-Proclaimed Christians [ 41 Answers ]

A lot of this is not going to make sense, since I’m just basically writing whatever is coming into my mind right now so bear with me. I have a feeling the people (not all) who claim to love or believe in God only do it because of his ability to put people in heaven or hell. It's like a mass...

2 timothy 2:24--for Christians [ 9 Answers ]

2 Timothy 2:24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. If you are a disciple of Christ and call yourself Christian, how do you justify the arguing of points? Doesn't the Word of God speak for itself? Why do...

Christians and catholics [ 27 Answers ]

Some people say that christians and catholics are very similar, but they do divide because of some major doctrinal issues. Such as mass or eucharist. Catholics believe that when we take communion that the wafer actually becomes the body of jesus and the wine or juice or whatever is used becomes...

View more questions Search