Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2008, 07:33 PM
    You are right, no help for you. Things do change in a matter of short time. I find it all so interesting, to be able to discuss this and no one get agitated simply because we don't know exactly what we are talking about and only want to know more. I see through a glass darkly.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 07:56 PM
    N0help4u,
    Building the third temple will taker much time if it is built according to God's directions.
    Look up the rules fir building the temple.
    Example no iron tools may be used.
    Notice the materials needed and where from.
    It will take many years to rebuild the temple.
    Fred
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:10 PM

For it to follow scripture I think it would have to be built within three and a half years.

REBUILDING THE JEWISH TEMPLE

Jewish Temple to Be Rebuilt in Last Days
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:43 PM
    NoHelp4U
    I think that is impossible.
    I'll bet a fresh chocolate covered doughnut that it will take at least 15 years to build it.
    That includes the time needed negotiate and to gather the materials.
    But the time needed to get started will be much longer.
    Fred
    freeman4 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 05:00 AM
    I was the same way. In my young Christian life I felt that things were not exactly as I would read them from the Bible. There just seemed to be more than what I was getting from it and there was.

I begin to do what I believed I should do on my own and that was to search the scriptures, cross reference the scriptures because that gave me more of a understanding of what I wanted to and more of the truth of what the Bible really had to say.

I got to thinking, why would God put a Mother in heaven and her son that was going to spend the rest of his life in Hell and her see him burn for ever and ever.

That just did not make sense to me. So the more I check and read I found that one will not burn for ever and ever in Hell. For it tells un in scripture that one will either receive Eternal Life of Eternal death. Eternal death is not living in Hell fire for ever.

I know this will not set well with many and that is because of their tradition and not what scripture tells them.

Prophetic News for America! - "To Warn a Dying Nation".
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Aug 5, 2013, 08:35 AM
    Freeman,

In the first place we must assume the fact that the O.T was written 4 to 5.000 years ago by a number of writers who were trying to explain to their contemporaries (most of whom could not even read or write) in a way they could assimilate the stories or legends which have been orally transmitted to them by their ancestors.

It was, therefore, simply to tell their listeners the world had been created in 7 days than in 13 billion years. To start with they did not even know such a figure nor would have undesrtood it.

It was also necessary to describe Yahve as a vindictive god to make those somewhat wild and greedy citizens of old Israel walk the line. Therefore, Hell and Heaven had to be explained as places of eternal fire and eternal hapiness, sitting next to God.

Then, Jesus was sent by His Father to redeem ALL of us. And His message was entirely different. It was a message of love and it was not meant only for His coevals but for all generations to come for, as God Himself, He knew the past, the present and the future.

And He spoke of Eternal Life and Eternal death. And it was clear that denying being overwhelmed by the Glory of God was enough punishment for us mortals. However, we must realize that some concepts cannot be grasped or comprehended by our very limited intelligence.

We cannot start to imagine what eternal means. Our earthly idea of a very long, long lapse of time means nothing. Eternal should rather mean with no end. Can we imagine that?
    And denying the vision of God is also another idea that we cannot assume. Because, to start with, how can we imagine the Creator of our Universe, the Creator of trillions of celestial bodies, of which, our Earth is just a minuscule speck of dust?

Furthermore, is we try to judge God's ways with our own words, like justice, fairness, forgiveness, etc. we may also be making a mistake, because, who said that we think the way God does, assuming that God thinks at all?

The mystery of God is just too big for us to understand. But we were given a clue by Jesus to follow if we want to see on day what God is like. "Love each other as I have loved you"

Gromitt82
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    It was, therefore, simply to tell their listeners the world had been created in 7 days than in 13 billion years. To start with they did not even know such a figure nor would have understood it.
    Shameless plug: I just addressed this question in the latest episode of Bible Insights. You can get to it via the link in my signature.

Aug 6, 2013, 02:28 AM
    Dwashbur,

Sorry to see you consider what I said a "shameless plug". You probably realize you are not the only one to deal with the subject of the actual age of the Universe.

Nevertheless, if there are those who believe our Earth is only 10.000 years old it is likely they also believe our Planet is in the center of the Universe and the stars are just little lights God put out there for our amusement.

There are too those who actually claim the Creation was just a matter of 7 daysm accod¡rding to the Genesis.

But all this is irrelevant, because ALL monotheistic religions accept right now what the science says regarding our Universe and its age. Because it simply does not minimize in the least the work of our Creator. It is rather the other way round. It exalts and glorifies it... to a point we can hardly understand.

Gromitt82
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    Dwashbur,

Sorry to see you consider what I said a "shameless plug".

Gromitt82
    DW was referring to his link, not to what you wrote, grommit.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2013, 05:39 PM
    Athos,

Wow. I agree with you? Did the earth move, was there a giant earthquake? I am officially frightened to my very core.

P.S. don't get use to it... teehee. Yeah yeah, I know you dislike me and my comments.

Aug 8, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Freeman,

In the first place we must assume the fact that the O.T was written 4 to 5.000 years ago by a number of writers who were trying to explain to their contemporaries (most of whom could not even read or write) in a way they could assimilate the stories or legends which have been orally transmitted to them by their ancestors.

It was, therefore, simply to tell their listeners the world had been created in 7 days than in 13 billion years. To start with they did not even know such a figure nor would have undesrtood it.

It was also necessary to describe Yahve as a vindictive god to make those somewhat wild and greedy citizens of old Israel walk the line. Therefore, Hell and Heaven had to be explained as places of eternal fire and eternal hapiness, sitting next to God.

Then, Jesus was sent by His Father to redeem ALL of us. And His message was entirely different. It was a message of love and it was not meant only for His coevals but for all generations to come for, as God Himself, He knew the past, the present and the future.

And He spoke of Eternal Life and Eternal death. And it was clear that denying being overwhelmed by the Glory of God was enough punishment for us mortals. However, we must realize that some concepts cannot be grasped or comprehended by our very limited intelligence.

We cannot start to imagine what eternal means. Our earthly idea of a very long, long lapse of time means nothing. Eternal should rather mean with no end. Can we imagine that?
    And denying the vision of God is also another idea that we cannot assume. Because, to start with, how can we imagine the Creator of our Universe, the Creator of trillions of celestial bodies, of which, our Earth is just a minuscule speck of dust?

Furthermore, is we try to judge God's ways with our own words, like justice, fairness, forgiveness, etc., we may also be making a mistake, because, who said that we think the way God does, assuming that God thinks at all?

The mistery of God is just too big for us to understand. But we were given a clue by Jesus to follow if we want to see on day what God is like. "Love each other as I have loved you"

Gromitt82
    If one has Gods Holy Spirit truly dwelling them they CAN know more than what you give them credit. If what you say is true then do not read the Bible for it will really screw you up

Aug 9, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Athos

DW was referring to his link, not to what you wrote, grommit.

Thanks for the clarification.

Gromitt82

Aug 9, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Freeman

If one has Gods Holy Spirit truly dwelling them they CAN know more than what you give them credit. If what you say is true then do not read the Bible for it will really screw you up

If you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you I have nothing to say but to congratulate you very heartily for you are a privileged human being. In fact more than Pope Francis who recently said he wished to be visited by the Holy Spirit more often...

On the other hand, I must confess that I do not read the OT very often. I do read, instead, every day the Gospel of the day which I find much more indoctrinating. I receive it by mail for free along with some sort of homily who helps a lot to understand it.

Incidentally, just for your information, when I lived in the States many years ago I met a number of characters who practically knew the Bible by heart and boasted of how good Christians they were, but when they saw any dark-skinned person they referred to him/her as a "nigger" ; they considered the "wetbacks" in California 3rd or 4th degree persons and
    All South Americans were called scornfully "latinos".

Very good Christians and Bible lecturers, by Jove!

Gromitt82

Aug 9, 2013, 10:29 AM
    Freeman

If you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you I have nothing to say but to congratulate you very heartily for you are a privileged human being. In fact more than Pope Francis who recently said he wished to be visited by the Holy Spirit more often...

On the other hand, I must confess that I do not read the OT very often. I do read, instead, every day the Gospel of the day which I find much more indoctrinating. I receive it by mail for free along with some sort of homily who helps a lot to understand it.

Incidentally, just for your information, when I lived in the States many years ago I met a number of characters who practically knew the Bible by heart and boasted of how good Christians they were, but when they saw any dark-skinned person they referred to him/her as a "nigger" ; they considered the "wetbacks" in California 3rd or 4th degree persons and
    all South Americans were called scornfully "latinos".

Very good Christians and Bible lecturers, by Jove!

Gromitt82
    I do not care what color or nationality one is they are still one of Gods creation and potential son of God no mater who it is.

Aug 9, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Not potential. A true "Son of Love", period.

And I was not, of course, referring to you, but to many "so called christians" that follow their Faith in a very peculiar way.

Gromitt82

Aug 9, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Not potential. A true "Son of Love", period.

And I was not, of course, referring to you, but to many "so called christians" that follow their Faith in a very peculiar way.

Gromitt82
    It is potential because you are still flesh and blood. Pinch yourself.

Aug 10, 2013, 09:56 AM
    Freeman4,

According to the Oxford Dictionary, potential means:

adjective [attributive]
    having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future:

Since we are born we are the sons of God who has created us along with everything else. God created us in blood and flesh, and as such, we are metaphorically God's sons and ALL EQUAL...

Perhaps you should also be "potentially" polite when answering these threads. We are debating different subjects. Not despising your objector.

Gromitt82

Aug 10, 2013, 12:34 PM
    I am still saying you are not a "spiritual" son of God, just a physical being with a spiritual guide, the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ has not come and changed you into a spirit being yet. Not until He returns will this happen.

Aug 11, 2013, 07:30 AM
    If that is so important for your. OK. Have it your way and be happy.

However, speaking of riches, as we did yesterday, today's Gospel, according to Luke says: “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also... Much will be required of the one who has been given much, and more will be asked of the one entrusted with more» (Lk 12:32-48)

Is not this one the supposed crowning moment of our life? Let us live our life more intelligently, and realize what our true values are! Stop searching this earth's treasures as so many actually do. Let us elude this mental attitude, and let's concentrate it in the truly important matters.

No matter how long our temporary dwelling down here may be, it is nothing at all compared with eternity.

So why do we attach so much importance to earthly matters which we know will vanish in thin air when our time here is over?

Gromitt82

Aug 11, 2013, 08:35 AM
    If that is so important for your. OK. have it your way and be happy.

However, speaking of riches, as we did yesterday, today’s Gospel, according to Luke says: “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also... Much will be required of the one who has been given much, and more will be asked of the one entrusted with more» (Lk 12:32-48)

Is not this one the supposed crowning moment of our life? Let us live our life more intelligently, and realize what our true values are! Stop searching this earth's treasures as so many actually do. Let us elude this mental attitude, and let’s concentrate it in the truly important matters.

No matter how long our temporary dwelling down here may be, it is nothing at all compared with eternity.

So why do we attach so much importance to earthly matters which we know will vanish in thin air when our time here is over?

Gromitt82
    Believe it or not there will only be 144,000 that will be Kings and Priests in Gods Kingdom and no I am not Jehovah Witness. Read Rev. about the 144.000 if you believe God. I am not being sarcastic just giving the facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To All Self-Proclaimed Christians [ 41 Answers ]

A lot of this is not going to make sense, since I’m just basically writing whatever is coming into my mind right now so bear with me. I have a feeling the people (not all) who claim to love or believe in God only do it because of his ability to put people in heaven or hell. It's like a mass...

2 timothy 2:24--for Christians [ 9 Answers ]

2 Timothy 2:24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. If you are a disciple of Christ and call yourself Christian, how do you justify the arguing of points? Doesn't the Word of God speak for itself? Why do...

Christians and catholics [ 27 Answers ]

Some people say that christians and catholics are very similar, but they do divide because of some major doctrinal issues. Such as mass or eucharist. Catholics believe that when we take communion that the wafer actually becomes the body of jesus and the wine or juice or whatever is used becomes...

View more questions Search