Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drew23ski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Allergy to pdd or ppd in permanent hair colour(black)
    My girlfriend has suffered severe allergic reactions to permanent black hair colors and has been told she's allergic to pdd or ppd. Its known as differnet names in different places

She has been using natural black hair colours successfully without any allergy, although they wash out so quickly and even a spot of rain has it running out

She is desperate to know if there are any permanent black dyes on the market without the dreaded pdd/ppd in it

She is not ammonia/peroxide allergic

The reason I am confident there may be one, is she is also allergic to tattoos. She had 5 done when she was younger and apparently this makes you more to susceptible to this allergy as the dreaded pdd/ppd is in tattoo ink

I recently found out that there are certain tattoo inks without now, so was hoping the same breakthru had been made in hair color.

Can anyone tell me if my hunch is correct and perhaps give me the name of a permanent black product that won't contain this crap which she has been told could kill her next time
    bibasingh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 08:58 AM
    I have the same problem and it has affected me a great deal as I have a young child and did not want a grey old lady picking him up from school !
    Done all sorts of research and trials and error.
    Now found a solution . I use hennna, got to be pure. Most henna packet do contain ppd. I get mine from internet. Leave on for an hour and then wash and allow hair to dry.
    Don't panic -- pure henna will colour hair orange. Next trick is to use 'wash in and wash out' hair dye. I use darkest brown by Clariol ' nice and easy' as it is the kindest one on the market, and the cheapest !
    This process WILL enable your friend to have the black hair colour.
    Good luck
    Biba
    tview Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
    There are lots of Hair Color Dyes on the market that are PDD free, sooner or later all of the brands will be turning PDD Free.
    Chi
    Schwarzkopf Essensity
    Clairol Beautiful Collection are some colors that are PDD Free.
    Farouk Chi Ionic Permanent Shine Hair Color 2N - Natural Black 3oz
    Colorist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Had the same problem. Have her try Love Your Color by CoSaMo. It's a healthy dye that keeps hair soft and won't have her rushed to the hospital after. Here is a link to their site... cosamousa.com

Hope this was helpful.
    - Jonette

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

How can I remove a permanent hair colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently used a permanent colour on my hair,now I am fed up and I really want to change it.what can I use or do?

Goldwell colour remover on (dyed) black hair [ 0 Answers ]

Hi.. Im desperate MY hair is dyed black, I have been dyeing black for about a year,my natural colour is brown, I'm trying to get it back brown, I have ordered Goldwell hair colour remover, I am waiting for it to come, I am confused to if I need to buy a developer to go with it.. some reviews I...

How to get the black colour out of my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have been using a semi permanent colour on may hair which is dark brown, but my hair now looks black! How can I get most of the black out of my hair safely and naturally without damaging my hair.. help!:)

Permanent hair colour... oops... [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: hi all... I have naturally blonde hair and wanted a change so I got a brown hair colour not realising it was permanent. Yeah silly me... )Blonde:confused: ), I liked it as it was quite a deep brown, but now it's fading and I would really like it to be back to blonde again( I have a...

View more questions Search