Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srizookie Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Sep 10, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Can I get advise on selling art/photography?
    I had an interview today for a position as a sales associate in a gallery. I live for art and that is the environment I want to work in ,but I have no experience in selling art, I can produce art but never sold other people's art.I know that it will be high end type of customers and those are a whole different species of customers.can someone give me advise on this.thank you in advance!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 12:19 AM
    Some pointers that I have to give you would be, that you first need to find out what the customer needs and wants as far as art is concerned. Secondly, you ask a lot of questions and try to carry on a banter with the customer so that you can get an idea as to what the customer's surroundings are like where the art might be eventually hung or placed. The art might be placed in a home or an office of some kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advise on selling jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pending tags payment for my truck and need to make 290 dollars on an unwanted engagement ring. Problem is I have never sold jewelry and don't want to get taken. The ring was purchased for 500 dollars (now you know why it is unwanted). I figured with gold prices as high as they are I might...

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

A1 Photography [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with the A1 Photgraphy practice set

Photography [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently working at the moment but I would like to start a career in photography and I was wondering if I should take a course or try some work experience, I attempted to find an apprentaship in the specialized subject but found no luck Can anybody help?

View more questions Search