Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leojr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Pump priming
    Today I tried to have my house power washed and within less than half an hour my water pump was drained with no pressure reading on the gauge. AS I have done before, when pressure goes below about 20 lbs, I shut of pump. After it stands for a few hours it will usually begin to pump and fill my tank when turned back on. This time however I think it might need to be primed first. How do I do that? The pump is located in my basement.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
    To prime a pump, look on top of the impeller housing and find a threaded 1/4" hole with a plug. This could also have a pressure gage installed in the threaded hole. No matter, turn the pump off at the breaker and remove whatever's in there and fill the impeller housing with water until it runs out of the hole replace the plug or gage and turn the pump back on. If you can't fill the housing up to the top that would indicate a faulty check valve. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Priming my sprinkler pump [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am Joel Anderson and I use a well only to irrigate my yard.Ok it has not rained in quite some time.For this area we are only approx. 6 inches below for this time of year.I noticed that 1 week ago when my pump was running at the same time as my neighbors.My sprinklers was not spraying as far...

Priming the pump [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are out of town and when I came to check on the house I went to the restroom and flushed, it wouldn't no water was in the tank, I have heard my dad talk about sometimes he has to prime the pump, I'm wondering how I do this?

View more questions Search