Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    wow!

with unemployment, healthcare issues, energy issues, OIF, OEF, the gov bailing out corporations etc....

and this gets public play??
    It's all they have. Good point.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Are you acquainted with his connections to the Syrian bankroller, the Weathermen underground terrorists, and the Rev. Wright?

Galv, there is no fat man with a beard that slides down your chimney in late December, nor a little winged Tinkerbell that puts money under you pillow every time you lose a tooth. By the way Hawaii is part of the U.S..

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    It's all they have. Good point.
    McCain/Palin are running a desperate circus campaign. All the issues that should be relevant to American lives are pushed aside by these clowns. I'm embarrassed for the Republican party, and as an American knowing the world is watching this campaign. It's an insult to our public intelligence. McCain's tactics are simple: dumb down the election. I am so glad to have other options of residency available to me if that dolt was to be elected. At least my vacations out of the States will be well worth the price even with the high fuel surcharges.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 10, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Hint: there is no messiah and there is no virgin mary. Keep your discussions to reality not fantasy.
    Well, if we were sticking to reality, Obama wouldn't be the Democratic nominee. This is politics, not reality.

In a world where reality reigned, people would take a look at a guy like Obama and say "Who is this guy. He's got no experience, he can't take a stance on an issue, and he hangs out with terrorists and bigots. And you want to nominate him for what....?"

That is, if we were dealing with reality.

Elliot

Sep 10, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldM_23
    Well the republican are trying so hard to play the race card, to the point obama has to be very choosy on what he says. He is fighting for the presidency postion in no way was his remark offensive or discrimintive. GO OBAMA
    Race card? Huh?

The only guy to bring up Obama's race in this campaign is Obama. He used the race card against Hillary, and he's been trying to use it against anyone else who has anything bad to say about him. HE was the one who brought up the fact that he's black back and has a funny middle name in January. Nobody else brought up the issue of race besides Obama.

And don't you think that anyone who wants to be President of the USA SHOULD be choosy about what he says? The fact that he hasn't been choosy until now just makes his ability to be President all the more questionable.

Elliot

Sep 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldM_23
    Nope, are you.......?
    Perhaps you should make yourself acquainted with them.

First of all, there's Bill Ayers, the Weathermen terrorist, who personally set bombs at the Haymarket Statue and participated in the Days of Rage Riot in Chicago. He also led the Weathermen to bomb the Capitol Building and several police stations. Ayers said on September 11, 2001 (the day of the 9/11 Attacks) that his only regret was that he didn't do MORE bombing. Obama served with him on the two board positions, and Ayers held a fundraiser for Obama at Ayers' home in 1996. Obama has called Ayers his "good friend", and continues to defend his ongoing relationship with Ayers.

Then there's Jeremiah Wright, the radical former Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ, who made (and continues to make) speeches in which he refers to the USA as the "US of KKK" and says "Not God Bless America, God DAMN America" (not once, but TWICE), and talks about blacks overthrowing whites in America. Obama referred to Write as his family pastor and friend for 20 years, but claims he didn't know about Wright's radical leanings. At least that's what he claimed until April of this year, when he threw Wright under the bus in order to further his political ambitions.

How about Tony Rezko, the campaign fundraiser who has been indicted for kickbacks, bribery and illegal money deals. Rezko raised lot's of money for Obama. They also bought adjascent property from the same real estate broker on the same day, where Obama paid $300,000 under the asking price for the property. Later Rezko sold part of his land to Obama. At the time of the land deal, Rezko was already under indictment, and Obama knew that. Obama defends his friendship with Rezko, but said that the land deal was "a boneheaded mistake". Also, though Obama is NOT involved in the Rezko indictment, at least $10,000 of illegal moneys from Rezko made its way into Obama's coffers. Obama's campaign donated that amount to charity in order to divest itself of the illegal moneys.

Then there's the question of who has endorsed Obama. He's been endorsed by Hamas. In mid-April, Hamas adviser Ahmed Yousef told WorldNetDaily that “We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the elections. “I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse,” he said. “I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principle.” He's also been endorsed by Louise Farakhan. Castro said he would like to see an Obama Hillary ticket. The leader of the New Black Panthers is a blogger for Obama's campaign. Kim Jong Il, dictator of N. Korea has said that he supports Obama over McCain. And Students for a Democratic Underground (the predecessor of the Weathermen) also endorses Obama, though Obama has rejected SDS's endorsement.

These are Obama's friends and supporters, Donald. Don't you think you should get to know your candidate before you support him?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 08:04 PM
    This is so funny. It gets sillier by the day. The children in the school ground are going at it hammer and tongs on this thread. Hahaha.
    All this from the world's superpower. Petty arguments about who called who what name. This world is in more trouble than I ever imagined.
    Your all acting like little brats! :)
    Oops, sorry. We shouldn't call each other names.
    Hahahahaha!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 05:11 AM
    I'm embarrassed for the Republican party, and as an American knowing the world is watching this campaign.
    The world has gotten caught up in the messiah complex also. Just check out this commentary by Jonathen Freedland of the Guardian entitled The world's verdict will be harsh if the US rejects the man it yearns forJonathan Freedland: The world's verdict will be harsh if the US rejects the man it yearns for | Comment is free | The Guardian
    If Americans choose McCain, they will be turning their back on the rest of the world, choosing to show us four more years of the Bush-Cheney finger. And I predict a deeply unpleasant shift. Until now, anti-Americanism has been exaggerated and much misunderstood: outside a leftist hardcore, it has mostly been anti-Bushism, opposition to this specific administration. But if McCain wins in November, that might well change. Suddenly Europeans and others will conclude that their dispute is with not only one ruling clique, but Americans themselves. For it will have been the American people, not the politicians, who will have passed up a once-in-a-generation chance for a fresh start - a fresh start the world is yearning for.
    If Americans reject Obama, they will be sending the clearest possible message to the rest of us - and, make no mistake, we shall hear it.
    If that isn't worth a gag and a coughing up of a fur ball I don't know what is!! What he means of course is that if we don't vote for Bambi that we will have passed up on a golden opportunity to become more like Europe. We will have passed on our chance to become members of the transnational progressive movement.
    Transnational progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We in America should vote for Zeus Obama because the world yearns for him. I got an idea... let him move to Europe and run for office there .Perhaps they can erect a statue of him in Berlin next to the Victory Column.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Tom captured my feelings toward Freedland's thoughts...
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 08:46 AM
    I love Biden, did you catch his remark yesterday that Hillary was more qualified than he was?

Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be Vice President of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend; she is qualified to be President of the United States of America. She’s easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me, but she is first-rate.
    Good to know that Biden thinks "the most important decision that I (Obama) will make before I am president" was not necessarily the right choice.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    If that aint worth a gag and a coughing up of a fur ball I don't know what is !!! What he means of course is that if we don't vote for Bambi that we will have passed up on a golden opportunity to become more like Europe. We will have passed on our chance to become members of the transnational progressive movement.
    Transnational progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not quite. What it means is that you will miss a perfect opportunity to elect a President that the rest of the world will admire, support and respect. At the moment you haven't had that for at least 8 years. Possibly longer.
    But hey, this is the US elections and you don't have to please the rest of the world (I mean that too - not being sarcastic).
    I think John McCain seem like a truly good man. A hero no doubt. But I also see him as being much the same as Bush. A man that whether you like it or not and rightly or wrongly is pretty well despised right around the world. I think you'll find people don't want to despise the president of the USA. They want to admire him and look to you guys for inspiration and leadership we can TRUST. The current dufus just doesn't do it. And neither will McCain I'm afraid.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    I love Biden, did you catch his remark yesterday that Hillary was more qualified than he was?

Good to know that Biden thinks "the most important decision that I (Obama) will make before I am president" was not necessarily the right choice.
    At least he's honest.

In Palin's recent interview she admitted her experiences of the outside world are limited to Canada, Mexico and Kuwait. In the next breath she said she was ready to be President of the USA. C'mon, if she is as smart as you guys want to admit then surely she can't really believe that?? Then again she did say at her old church that "Our national leaders are sending US soldiers on a task that is from God". So she is partial to believing such nonsense.

EDIT:
    Found this link just after posting. Four to one the world wants Obama over McCain. Guess its lucky for a lot of you guys that we don't get a vote.

Either president may disappoint us - Opinion - smh.com.au

Sep 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
    We in America should vote for Zeus Obama because the world yearns for him. I got an idea.....let him move to Europe and run for office there .Perhaps they can erect a statue of him in Berlin next to the Victory Column.

Tom, who are you trying to fool? If you could... you'd walk on water to the voting booth just to pull the lever for the newest crowned Republican Jesus, "McCain."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    How low and pathetic.

I can guess in advance that he will say that he was not referring to Palin.
    Ok, youse guys who don't harken from Illinoise. Here is what Obama meant:

The pig is all the Republicans' failed policies (i.e. Bush-McCain, if you want to give the pig a name); the lipstick is Palin. So, even if the Republicans dress up their failed policies with a babe like Palin, they still are only putting "lipstick" on a "pig."

Do you understand now? (P.S. It had nothing to do with the pit bull wearing lipstick--different animal, different analogy--but same lipstick.)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    Perhaps you should make yourself acquainted with them.

First of all, there's Bill Ayers, the Weathermen terrorist, who personally set bombs at the Haymarket Statue and participated in the Days of Rage Riot in Chicago. He also led the Weathermen to bomb the Capitol Building and several police stations. Ayers said on September 11, 2001 (the day of the 9/11 Attacks) that his only regret was that he didn't do MORE bombing. Obama served with him on the two board positions, and Ayers held a fundraiser for Obama at Ayers' home in 1996. Obama has called Ayers his "good friend", and continues to defend his ongoing relationship with Ayers.

Then there's Jeremiah Wright, the radical former Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ, who made (and continues to make) speeches in which he refers to the USA as the "US of KKK" and says "Not God Bless America, God DAMN America" (not once, but TWICE), and talks about blacks overthrowing whites in America. Obama referred to Write as his family pastor and friend for 20 years, but claims he didn't know about Wright's radical leanings. At least that's what he claimed until April of this year, when he threw Wright under the bus in order to further his political ambitions.

How about Tony Rezko, the campaign fundraiser who has been indicted for kickbacks, bribery and illegal money deals. Rezko raised lot's of money for Obama. They also bought adjascent property from the same real estate broker on the same day, where Obama paid $300,000 under the asking price for the property. Later Rezko sold part of his land to Obama. At the time of the land deal, Rezko was already under indictment, and Obama knew that. Obama defends his friendship with Rezko, but said that the land deal was "a boneheaded mistake". Also, though Obama is NOT involved in the Rezko indictment, at least $10,000 of illegal moneys from Rezko made its way into Obama's coffers. Obama's campaign donated that amount to charity in order to divest itself of the illegal moneys.

Then there's the question of who has endorsed Obama. He's been endorsed by Hamas. In mid-April, Hamas adviser Ahmed Yousef told WorldNetDaily that “We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the elections. “I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse,” he said. “I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principle.” He's also been endorsed by Louise Farakhan. Castro said he would like to see an Obama Hillary ticket. The leader of the New Black Panthers is a blogger for Obama's campaign. Kim Jong Il, dictator of N. Korea has said that he supports Obama over McCain. And Students for a Democratic Underground (the predecessor of the Weathermen) also endorses Obama, though Obama has rejected SDS's endorsement.

These are Obama's friends and supporters, Donald. Don't you think you should get to know your candidate before you support him?

I have been reading these threads for weeks and rarely say anything but... I am wondering why no one is commenting on this post.
    Would it be wise to vote for a man that has questionable friends and ties. Who believes the old phrase "birds of the feathers, flock together", or am I just being paranoid?

Sep 12, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I have been reading these threads for weeks and rarely say anything but... I am wondering why no one is commenting on this post.
    Would it be wise to vote for a man that has questionable friends and ties. Who believes the old phrase "birds of the feathers, flock together", or am I just being paranoid?

Because it was addressed in the forum over two months ago, and before that, time and time again. It's old propaganda playing the six degrees separation game. I'm off to work. Everybody have a good day, good weekend, and good shabbos.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    At least he's honest.

In Palin's recent interview she admitted her experiences of the outside world are limited to Canada, Mexico and Kuwait. In the next breath she said she was ready to be President of the USA. C'mon, if she is as smart as you guys want to admit then surely she can't really believe that??? Then again she did say at her old church that "Our national leaders are sending US soldiers on a task that is from God". So she is partial to believing such nonsense.
    If you caught the interview or read the transcript you should know "the task from God" quote was badly distorted. She didn't claim it was, but as Abraham Lincoln suggested prayed that it was a task from God, as in let us pray that we're on God's side, not that God is on our side. There is a huge difference there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I am wondering why no one is commenting on this post.
    Hello bushq:

Bill Ayres was a terrorist 40 years ago. He got caught. He did his time. He's not a terrorist today. Today, he is Distinguished Professor in the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Mayor Daily consults with him regularly. Do you think the mayor is a terrorist?

There were things I did 40 years ago - but I don't do them now. You associate with me. Does that mean that we're birds of the feather?

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 06:55 AM
    I was not aware of Ayers serving any time. I thought charges were dropped due to a technicality and only then did he come in from the underground. So he served no time for his terrorist bombings.Bernardine Dohrn did ,but he didn't .

''I don't regret setting bombs'' ''I feel we didn't do enough.''... Even today, he finds ''a certain eloquence to bombs, a poetry and a pattern from a safe distance,'' he writes... So, would Mr. Ayers do it all again, he is asked? ''I don't want to discount the possibility,'' he said.
    No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen - New York Times

The Ayers issue is unresolved although debated here Bobby. It became relevant again over the Annenberg Project's records that were first withheld and then released after scrubbing .

Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:09 AM
    By the way : does Ayers realize that he has become the same greedy corrupt elitist pig he used to try to take out with bombs ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:10 AM
    btw : does Ayers realize that he has become the same greedy corrupt elitist pig he used to try to take out with bombs ?
    Who cares?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lipstick color. [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best lipstick color,for going out at night?

Lipstick [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any suggestions on stopping lipstick bleeds? I have tried foundation, lip liners and "special" sticks designed to stop it, but it still bleeds? Any ideas:confused:

Non-smear lipstick [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I locate non-smear lipstick?

Lipstick make & color on a music video [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about finding out the make and color of a lipstick worn by an artist (Nelly Furtado) on a music video ("On the Radio")?

When should an old lipstick be thrown out? [ 7 Answers ]

I was cleaning out some drawers and found some old cosmetics. I know that all eye and face products should not be used past say six months because of bacteria concerns. Is this true of lipsticks too? When should an old lipstick be thrown out for health reasons? Thank you.

View more questions Search