Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    realtalk254 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 08:10 PM
    My 1998 Honda Prelude Won't start.AGAIN!
    I have a 1998 Honda Prelude DOHC VtEC that I just bought with about 97000 miles on it. I was with the guy that sold it to me when the timing belt broke. I got it checked and replaced the timing belt and water pump. He advised me of the ever so popular problem with the main relay. I replaced that and it ran great for two days. This morning it started fine, but I didn't drive it.. (just to see if it would start) and it was fine. I came back this evening and it DID CRANK, but not start. I think its some kind of fuel problem. Seems like I'm not getting any fuel... but I can smell it.. keep in mind that when it was running for a couple days, when starting it.. it was kind of putting (pumping the gas pedal would help start it).. But then it wouldrun great. It has Cold intake.. Headers.. Pipe.. (not that it makes a difference... it also is running hot.. only when at a stoplight... (I replaced the thermostat and still doing the same thing) Hmmmmm... this car is getting one more week of my time before I sell this bit#%$!! Please help!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Perform tests, in Sections A and B, below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 7, 2009, 08:43 AM

We had a 1998 or 1999 Honda Prelude before we trade it in because problems with it wanting to start. Also, because it was going to cost around $2000 to put a new starter and spark plugs. So we traded it in for a new car. I am sure that may be the issue with your car. So be prepare to pay close to $2000 at a Honda dealer. It's probably the best place to take it to get it fix right. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 chevy cavalier ets light, won't start [ 21 Answers ]

Hi all, hope someone can help with my problem. My sister has a 1998 chevy cavalier z24 automatic 4 cyl. About a week ago the ETS light come on, no other lights. The buzzer was buzzing when she put the key in to start it and going down the road it would go off and on. Then it started jerking and...

1998 honda accord will not start [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda accord lx, everything turns on lights, radio etc, I hear a click when I turn the ignition on but engine will not turn on. Could it be the battery or starter ? Not sure please help. :(

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is hot outside [ 1 Answers ]

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is warm outside but no problems when it is cold (-26). I had this car for 13 years and it always worked. In the last couple of years, it starts right away when it is cold outside but not if it's warm outside(32+). Most times, I can push start it ( manual...

1998 honda accord won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 honda accord will not start when it is really hot outside,but it will when its cool outside can anybody tell me why?

1998 Civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My car just recenyly died. I drove it to work one day and it worked fine, only problem was that it took a few turns of the key to get it started. The next thing I know it won't start at all. I searched around and seen that a main relay may cause this so I bought a new one and it didn't help. ...

View more questions Search