Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlopez187 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Puppy is sick threw up, and won't eat!
    I have a 10 week old boxer pup who is sick, he won't eat, had diarrhea this morning and threw up. He hasn't ate all day, and will berally drink water.

I fed him some new type of puppy food (lotus) last night, I don't know if that has anything to do with it after he was playing at the beach all day.
    RWuest Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Sep 9, 2008, 07:35 PM
    It is probably the puppy food, honestly just because puppies have extremely sensitive GI tracts. If you want to continue your pup on this food you should keep the original food, and mix in the new food little by little, gradually increasing until your pup is eating the new food completely.

If your puppy is acting lethargic or doesn't start having solid feces by tomorrow, or you find blood in the diarrhea you should immediately take your pup to the vet, because not only could your pup have caught something at the beach (I hope it has all of it's shots) but w/o drinking water and continuing to have diarrhea it is dehydrated and may need to have some IVs to pump it full of fluids. I hope everything works out! Keep us posted.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 07:38 PM
    We had a member on here not long ago that had taken their dog to the beach and the dog had contracted some type of parasite from the water... not sure what it was called but a trip to the vet cleared it up.
    My suggestion if the pup is stilling throwing up dopn't wait to long to see a vet.
    jlopez187 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 11:55 AM
    I think it was the food. He is all better now. I switched him back to his regular food. He no longer has diarrhea, and hasn't vomited since.

However, does anyone know if lotus is good food for a puppy? I am currently feeding him eagle pack.

Thanks for the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

5 month puppy threw up! [ 9 Answers ]

My 5 month old puppy threw up today after a walk around the neighborhood(which we do regularly). He ate at around 3pm and the walk was at 8pm. But he seemed totally fine, still running around. But later tonight he threw up white liquid/foam a min after barking at his reflection in the mirror...

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Puppy is verry sick and won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

My Puppy won't eat anything.. What should I do.

Puppy sick and won't eat! [ 15 Answers ]

OK I picked up an 8 weeks old toy poodle/pomeranian mix as a rescue on Sunday. She was just at the vet 2 days before and was spayed. But they didn't give her her shots yet as they wanted her to heal and recover from the operation sinch she was so tiny. I was to come have her get her...

View more questions Search