Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icandecide Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
    College Long Distance
    In 9th grade, I was a awkward teen boy trying to find himself and I saw this beautiful girl, who I crushed on immediately and was too shy to approach her. By the end of the year I still have not approach this girl and unfortunately that summer I was transfer to another school.

My senior year, after a hard summer of working out and dieting, I had a boost of confidence and I went out a lot and enjoy myself and when I was myspace, I came across this girl with long black silky hair and a very nice figure and I realize it was the same girl that I dream about since my freshman year. I sent her a message asking if she remember me. A couple of month later I got her to my girlfriend. We have been together for about 8 months and I love this girl so much but now I am 2000 miles away from her. It is very possible to work things out because we have complete trust in one another. But one thing is that have stuck in my mind is that this is my first relationship.

I want to know what else is out there but in one hand I do not want to lose what I have now.

What should I do? Stay with her or find someone else?
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 9, 2008, 01:51 PM
    My brother and His GF of 5 1/2 years now were literally arcoss the country. She was in Alaska for 2 years while he was here in NC. I will tell you they did break for a 6 week time after they "explored" with other people. A lot of emotions involved but in the end they got back together and have been happy. They do occasionally bring the past up but quickly end it. People can be strong and last great distance.

Just make sure she wants a long distance relationship. If she is willing, if she isn't then you need to end it before you get hurt. Communicate. Don't let the "first relationship" thing stop you. Some people do last forever. Not all but it does happen.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Communicate now, it needs a strong commitment and willingness from both sides or it won't work. Also in an LDR communication is very important as well as planning ahead.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:39 PM
    If you two are 2000 miles apart, then you aren't together, anyway. You are fond pen pals.

I wouldn't put my most important relationship into email/IM format. Keep her as a penpal... but start dating girls you can hold hands with, every day if desired.

Sep 9, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Thanks everyone for your input
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Just so I can add my bit:

I know a few people who have had successful Long distance relationships which turned into marriage. Also know someone who is having a LDR across U.S. - England - now for three years. In can work but as I said requires equal effort and long planning.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 07:34 AM
    If your not sure about this relationship, or where it leads, it will be difficult to keep it going. Its your decision on what you want, so make up your own mind and then proceed. Later is a little late to realize you made a mistake.
    Angelliz24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Well from what you wrote, I get the impression that this girl has really meant something to you for quite some time and has been stuck in your mind. This dream girl was just a dream but you got your dream girl. Not everyone in this world ends up with the one of their dreams, its rare, sure it happens in the movies.. but in real life... not so common.

It shouldn't even be about "what else/who else is out there" if it is, then you need to examine whether this girl is who you truly want or was it just the idea of her- the dream- and now that you have her- reality has set in? I've been with the guy of my dreams for 7 years ( 6 of it long distance... and we are both in our first relationship, by the way since we were 17), and honestly have not wondered or cared what else is out there because what I have with him is so special, I genuinely love and care about him, and I'm so lucky, and its not worth risking, plus.. think about if it was you... do you really want to hear that your girlfriend wants to see "what else is out there" how would you feel? Can you stomach hearing about your dream girl on dates with other guys? I know I couldn't with my b/f. I don't know, something to think about.
    Good Luck with whatever you do.

Sep 14, 2008, 12:59 AM
    One more thing
    Her parents
    Does not know about us.
    And like
    I was away for the summer for classes
    And I did so much for her.
    I got flowers sent to her house.
    And I even sent her a love letter/card
    And what did I get from her?
    Nothing much
    I don't know...
    I know she loves me
    But her action makes me think other wise
    And she extremely emotional.
    This one time
    On my nephew birthday she just start crying in front of everyone.
    I guess she was my dream girl...
    I don't know
    I am so confuse
    Life sucks...
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 14, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Actions speak louder than words.
    uberconflicted Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Sep 14, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Im in a similar situation myself. And I have no real advice for you bud, but I can say that my own personal fear of being alone is a big problem for me. And my girl is also emotional and if I did break it off I know it would be super difficult because of how much she'd cry.
    So I cheated and feel in love with my new girl, but now I'm more conflicted then ever... old girl new girl old girl new girl... ugh I'm so miserable
    So I must say... damned if you do find a new girl and damned if you stay with your current girl because there will always be that what if.. either way.
    SO... What Do You Want bud?. really.. what do you want?
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
    This is one question that I would not entrust strangers to answer for you. No matter what, you have to do what is best for you. None of us know your situation. Yes, you two are 2000 miles away, but this could be a solid relationship. Yes, you are young and this is your first relationship, but you say that you love each other. My suggestion, go with the flow, but moreover be honest and forthcoming about what you intend to do. Whatever you do, do it because it's the right thing for you to do and not because you feel like you are missing out on something. This might sound so cliché, but the grass is not always greener on the other side. It would be tragic if you broke this girl's heart and your own because you took someone else's advice. Ultimately, it is your decision.

Good luck
    chiradeep Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Keep the friendship alive... dont give the relationship any name. Do not think what you are not supposed to think now at 9th grade. Think of your priorities. Your first priority is study for the time being. SO please concerntrate on that... But keep just a good friendship...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best way to pack for college when driving a long distance? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm beginning to go through my things and am almost done buying what I need for college in the fall. Now comes time to pack :( I've already bought 3 smaller under-the-bed storage bins, so I will be packing some things in there. Since I can't come home before winter break and I'll be in...

Long distance. [ 2 Answers ]

I said no to this really nice guy when I was 19;cos, I was not ready for a relationship then.but I really liked him; still do. We met only once eversince and I told him although I said no to you then, I really liked u... he simply said that he likes the way he is now.. and it may be a good thing I...

Long distance [ 8 Answers ]

Well I met this guy on myspace He lives in NC and I live in NY We talk pretty often and just started texting each other He is supposed to call me tonight. If he does should I talk to him? Then should I continue and see what happens?

Long Distance [ 34 Answers ]

Hi! My boyfriend and I have been together for 21 months and we keep a long distance relationship(130 miles). We have been basically living together right from the first week we met, that is, he would stay at my place two full weeks a month. Only last April we started to talk about moving to the...

View more questions Search