Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostandlonely Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
    ISO Uncle
    Hello My name is Heather and I am in search of my uncle who was adopted out after birth. He was born to Noreeta Wilson. While my grandfather was in Korea my grandmother was assulted and became pregnant with my uncle. During those times they made the choice to give him up. He would be in his early to mid 40s. He has 4 sisters. 6 nieces and 3 nephews as well as 4 great nieces and nephews. I would really like to be contact with him. Its hard knowing that I have family out there that I am not wanted to meet or contact. My grandmother (his mother) passed away in May of 2004. I would like to know everything about him.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Just about the only way you would be able to POSSIBLY find him is to start registering on reunion boards, like ISRR.

You have no legal leverage to have his records unsealed, and there is probably no way an adoption agency or the courthouse would let you leave messages with his records--you are not his parent.

I would think hard about this, though. If you DO find him, somehow, are you just going to descend on his world and let him know he was a child of rape and not wanted because of it? That's hardly the story that any adopted person really wants to know about themselves. I guess my question back to you is WHY do you feel the need to contact this person?
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Sep 12, 2008, 07:59 AM
    While I understand your inquietude I think that it would be wrong for you to eventually find your uncle. I agree with what SYNNEN has told you. There are chances that this person lives quite happily with a family of his and ignoring everything of his past.What could you bring him by telling him he happens to be the undesired result of a rape?
    Other than that, I have the feeling it will be quite difficult to locate him...
    So think it over!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing Uncle in Pa. [ 1 Answers ]

My Uncle was beat up in a robery in Wilkes Barre, Pa. and put into a "home" I think it's Amberview Pa. 19560 this is only hearsay I have tried to locate him to no avail. His name is DONALD RAY HECK... I now live in Florida and would like to find him PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU......

Siblings and uncle will say get out [ 9 Answers ]

My brother and sister are in my mothers will. We will inherit half the house along with my uncle, my mothers brother. My brother lives in another state. My sister is here in NY. I have been living in the house for the past 30 years along with my mom and uncle. Mom is downstairs. My uncle and me...

Uncle is now dating g/f's mother.what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm dating a girl who I care very much about and would like to ask to marry me sometime in the near future. Recently however, my uncle (my father's brother) and her mother (no relation at all) have begun seeing each other. They are both in their 50's so there will be no children or cousins...

My uncle and grandfather [ 5 Answers ]

Last year in July my uncle passed away, and now I can't seem to stop thinking about what he must have been thinking. He was out on the crab boat and fell off, he didn't know how to swim and all I can think about now is what he must of saw, looking up at the boat it makes me want to cry. He was only...

View more questions Search