Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mybuettner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Sealed adoption
    I have met my birth parents and am so confused about my adoption. I am wondering if there is anyway to get my adoption records now that I am an adult. My parents were forced to give me and my family up and it all seems a little fishy to me. How do I get the records of my adoption?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 06:05 AM
    That depends on how long ago you were adopted, and where you live.

I would talk to a lawyer that specializes in adoption, frankly. If your adoption records are sealed, the likelihood of you getting your hands on them is low.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealed adoption records [ 7 Answers ]

I want to find birth parents. How do I unseal records

Can I get My record sealed or cleared? [ 2 Answers ]

I Live In St.louis Mo And I Have Felony Conviction That Will Be Seven Years Old In December '08'. I Was Convicted Of First Degree Robbery And Armed Criminal Act The (aca) Was Dropped And I Did Five Years Probation. Can I Get My Record Cleared Or Sealed?

Sealed letters of administration [ 1 Answers ]

I have sent a number of persons sealed letters of administration they have not responded to for data of deceased mother.what is the law on this fact please.

Return Air Duct not sealed [ 3 Answers ]

I was told by a home inspector that the two return air ducts in the house are not sealed properly. Can any body let me know how to go about getting this fixed, what the costs might be. One is on the first floor and one is on the second floor. Thanks

View more questions Search