Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spartans 17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Can piglets of the same liitter have different fathers?
    Can piglets of the same litter have different fathers?...I need to know for my class, I also have to explain my answer. If anyone can help me that would be great!

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 9, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Yes. Animals that have babies in litters can have babies of up to several fathers.

Unlike with humans, mating is what triggers ovulation in pigs and other domestic animals.

For more, click the cached version of some of these:
    "same litter" "different fathers" - Google Search
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 9, 2006, 09:36 PM
    I had absolutely no idea.

I've studied medical genetics, comparative vertebrate anatomy and embryology... but nothing about animal husbandry.

I absolutely didn't know that about pigs.

And I live in the midwest.

Well there you go. Thanks for filling up a neuron with new info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers Rights [ 5 Answers ]

My daughters friend has a little girl from a previous girlfriend. They were never married. He is listed as the father on the birth certificate. The mother does not want child support and has sole custody of the child. The father paid for the hospital bills when she was born and still pays all...

Conception and 2 possible fathers [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know when my child was conceived if my due date is oct.3.2006. I'm not sure the first day of my last menstural period, it had to be around dec.18 and my period is not regular. I've only had two sonograms done. My first sonogram done on march 23, 2006 said I was 13 week and 4 days and my...

Is my sister my fathers child? [ 9 Answers ]

I guess what I really need is someone who can contact my father. His name is Bill, he died in 92. Last year, someone contacted me to tell me that she is my sister. My mother's child, she was given up for adoption when I was 5 years old. I don't know why I don't remember any of this. My...

Fathers right's and what say a parent has [ 3 Answers ]

Fathers rights -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My husband has a son through a previous marriage in which the mother has living custody She has cereble paulsy and can barely take care of him The house is a pig pen she can hardly cook for him...

Fathers rights PLEASE HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend that is living with his girlfriend he is supporting her, her son from a previous relationship and now their son they have together. He is on the birth certificate and is an active father. He is wanting to take his son to a funeral out of town for a family member, girlfriend is not...

View more questions Search