educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 9, 2006, 01:16 AM
    Twin boys slow to speak
    I have twin boys they are having a hard time learning to speak
    I have noticed that they communicate with each other in there own way
    My question is how to teach them to speak with out separating them
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 9, 2006, 01:27 AM
    They are still little and twins will have their own way of communicating with each other.. for life.. just talk to them often and make sure you pronounce your words clearly. They will pick up on it.heres a link that may help The Twins Network
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 9, 2006, 02:32 AM
    I have twin boys and ran into what we thought was a speech issue. How old are they?

The short version: The first thing we learned was that this is not uncommon for twins, especially identical ones, as ours are. They came along just fine, with only minimal speech "therapy" (really just us spending extra time working with them) only about 1 later than most their age.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
    They are 20 months old
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2006, 07:02 PM
    We found ( not with twins) that if you merely ignore and not give into requests that are not in ( english for us) but your language you are using, then if they want water, they will have to say water, not just point or call it buto or something. Not to the point of neglect, but if you know they know the words and things, Our son went about 3 days without TV before he would finally use the right word for it. ( he is sort of stubborn, must be from his mother (smile)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2006, 10:10 AM
    My son who is 4 now took a while to talk. He would look and the fridge and grunt (knowing that meant juice I gave it to him) and we called him monkeyboy. I agree with the other posters in that you have to make them say the word to get what they want, otherwise they know they got your button and don't have to talk.

My best friend has twin boys who are now 11 and they still have their own language that they only use between themselves.

As a mother of 4 kids I have found that children begin using speech at different age groups. Sister-in-law has her Masters in early childhood development and states that this is not unusual and not to worry until around the age of 2 1/2 or 3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 18 twin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MG Ward 18/42 Briggs twin, Having oil seeping from what appears to be the left cylinder base. Is the Jug removable or cast into the main block. Cylinder head looks easy enough to remove but the problem appears low end. Thanks rirog

Speak hesitations [ 3 Answers ]

When there is social gathering 8-10 people I feel nervousness and scared to speak and don't find any word to speak.Infact I got bored and want to run away.How can be a leader of group Please help

Anyone speak Latin? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Every one has a twin [ 17 Answers ]

Well, guys and gals, we have all heard that everyone has a twin somewhere in this world. Well, my daughter found hers in 3rd grade and they have been best friends ever since. My husband could not even tell them apart for a brief moment after he met the twin. Their third grade teacher had to put...

Deciphering men speak [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone First post here - lots of well informed people on this site so thought I'd ask! Broke up with ex couple of months back (his call after a row), we decided to be friends, stayed in touch via text yet never got round to meeting because he was always busy and put it off. Eventually I...

View more questions Search