Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PoeticJusticeUK Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Stay with my GF or Leave?
    Ok this is a continuation of the thread at the bottom of the post, but is written so you only need to refer to it, if you want the backstory.

Here's the story.

My girlfriend went for two weeks and stayed with a male friend she has know for 7 years, I got extremely jealous/paranoid.
    When she got back we discussed my concerns through, after which I wanted to leave but she convinced me to give her sometime, which I did (probably the wrong decision).

After a few days I changed my mind about leaving her, or should I say I managed to forgive her. Now after an email or two discussing my terms, she thinks I am suffering from clinical paranoia (I always think everyone is out to get me), and asked me to see someone which I was extremely against and as a result she chucked me.

I had a change of heart though and am prepared to see someone (I don't think it will help though) and she has agreed on on the basis that I do get help.

The problem I have is I can't make my mind up on whether I should stay with her, or go, I'm so indecisive when it comes to life decisions.

On the one hand, I don't want her out of my life as I don't fancy being single and unemployed, I'm either one or the other. However, it isn't right to lead the girl on just to prevent myself from going crazy.

My mind keeps changing on a daily basis, and I can't seem to make a decision, its so frustrating.

I'm seeing her tomorrow, so hopefully my feelings will tell me what to do.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ng-251556.html
    Jimmyfixitall Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I have learned that it's best to go with your first gut feeling. Don't second guess yourself, if you are thinking of leaving then that's what you have to do. It's not worth beating yourself up over. Good luck.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 8, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Whether you stay with her or not, I think you should still go talk to someone about the paranoia...

It won't make this or any other relationship a walk in the park...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 04:07 PM
    As I said in a previous post, its ridicules for her to visit a male friend, and be mad because she thinks your paranoid. Any male would be my friend. Forget the counseling, get rid of her, and I bet those paranoid feelings will go away.

Sep 8, 2008, 04:11 PM
    I don't agree... I have several male friends that I hang out with... and they are just that. They were there before my boyfriend... I wasn't going to get rid of them just because we met...

Of course half of them are gay... LOL
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 8, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedInAK
    I don't agree... I have several male friends that I hang out with... and they are just that. They were there before my boyfriend... I wasn't going to get rid of them just because we met....

Of course half of them are gay... LOL
    As much as I'd love to agree with you I can't, I got burned this way. Best way is to be honest and talk don't go around being paranoid wondering.

Sep 8, 2008, 04:18 PM
    *sigh* I guess my man would be more threatened by my girlfriends...

Sep 8, 2008, 04:19 PM
    *sigh* I guess my man would be more threatened by my girlfriends.....
    I don't know what you mean by that but would you be comfortable if you guy went and stayed with a girl friend for two weeks? I wasn't threatened by her boy friends as they were friends before me but I got burned, why its best to talk but even then if you do there is no telling, all you can do is trust.

Sep 8, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Well there is only one thing I meant by that...

And no I wouldn't be bothered if he stayed with a girl for 2 weeks... BUT OUR line of communication has been open since we met.

One simple rule between us is no secrets...

Sep 8, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Well there is only one thing I meant by that...

And no I wouldn't be bothered if he stayed with a girl for 2 weeks... BUT OUR line of communication has been open since we met.

One simple rule between us is no secrets...
    How will you know if this rule is broken until its to late?

Sep 8, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Simple... if he were to decide to have sex with someone else... he will tell me...

Unfortunately I don't think I have any jealous bones left in my body... life is too short, and I don't care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave or stay? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife was involved in an affair about 10 months ago and I found out. I was upset, moved out for 3 days and was really annoyed. We have since then been trying to work things out and have sought counselling. As part of our open-talk process I wanted to know where she stands with that relationship,...

Stay with him or leave? [ 12 Answers ]

Let me give everyone a little background information to everyone. I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months now. For a while now every time we are together he just sits on his computer and invites over his friends. He never cleans up our apartment. When I ask him if anything is on his mind he...

Should I stay or leave? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been involved with a man now for 4 years and 3 months ago found out he was sleeping with another women. Ordinarily being a man he denied this and got very defensive with me. So being the person that I am I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time. Now 3 months later I call the house...

Should I stay or leave [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I'm 28 with three kids I meet my husband when I was 18 years old Got married a year a half later. We had to girls and then when my youngest daughter was almost three he left me for another woman (a friend of mine). We were separated for almost two years. He had a baby boy with her and I got...

Leave or stay [ 7 Answers ]

Should I be up set that my husband looks at other woman that are not dress more then he looks at me and he as a email that he thinks I don't know about:confused: is it wrong for me to get mad or is are marrieds really gone and there know coming back because that's how I feel any more

View more questions Search