Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckydog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Color Monitor fades to blues and yellows after a few seconds
    Hi there... I hope someone can answer this question. My monitor seems to only display blue and yellow hues. When I turn the computer completely off for awhile and then turn it on, the reds are back but once the operating systems stops "churning" and the desktop is up, everything turns blue and yellow again. I've checked all the connections and there doesn't seem to be a driver problem (device manager says "this device is working properly). HELP!
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Its either the monitor or video card... do you (or someone you know) have another monitor? Try swapping it out.. if it does they same thing then it's the video card, if not, then it's the monitor.
    =OTS=G-Man Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2008, 04:25 PM
    The fact that its only after the OS finishes loading could be a color profile that's messed up.

You can see if there is, if any, loading by going to

Start -> Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Color Management

It might have something listed in the "Color profiles currently associated with this device" section. You can try removing them and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Also check to see if there is a tab there for your video card vendor, some times they have settings in there to change the RGB, contrast and brightness. There could be a setting in there that's out of sync.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Color problem with monitor [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've a Samtron monitor where only the RED color is not appearing, all others are working fine. I've tested the graphics card but unfortunately not solved, than I've changed the monitor with another new system and found the same problem persists. Please help.

Monitor goes blank after few seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Acer LCD monitor model #AL1916C version AL1916cb Mfg April 2007, when I turn the power on it goes blank within a few seconds, it happen every time.

My Monitor Shakes, roughly every 20 seconds. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im new to this sort of thing, but I need help. My Monitor screen shakes from time to time roughly every 20 seconds. Its not a major shake but noticeable, if you know what I mean. I have installed all the correct graphics drivers etc, and its getting on my nerves. Your help is much...

View more questions Search