Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randompicks Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Monobenzone, skin darkening
    Hi ,

I have been using mono 40% from monobenzone.net for over a month and the results are as follows it brightens up nicely for a day or 2 and then the skin turns really really dark for about a week and it happens in a cycle, I understand the skin acts against the foreign object pushing up more melanocytes but this is seriously impacting my social work balance, I would like to know if anyone has had more better results/ more persistence for being brighter, I also apply sunscreen regularly, am I missing anything, this is really depressing, please advise.

Thanks
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Sep 8, 2008, 06:16 PM
    No, honey, that's the pattern of monobenzone. Its it very upsetting at times, when you finailly get some results then you get back dark. I am going through the same thing with 20%. I don't know if I should move up to 40% or move on to something else because this isn't doing it for me. Sounds like you are doing everything you are suppose to do. You can try to take a break, like use it either once a day or skip days.
    Missj28 Posts: 75, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Yes the dark and light days really start to piss you off after awhile... why can't it just become light and stay that way. I want to use something else with this because I want to lighten for longer periods. Not just a few days. My arms are so brown now, they don't even look like part of the rest of my body. My skin hurts today as well.

Sep 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
    I talked over with one of the representatives at monobenzone.com, she says to have patience it takes time before the defense breaks down, well I have been applying for 2 months I see partial results with the long cycles I do not know what to do
    Missj28 Posts: 75, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2008, 03:56 AM
    hi guys, random are your cycles of dark and light longer than a few days?

Sep 9, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Short cycles say a couple of days of brightness and a week of darknees, but today I see that my skin seems to be peeling off hence I assume this time the cycle must be a little longer than usual, just a guess

Sep 9, 2008, 11:41 AM
    A few days to maybe one week.. right now it seems like I am a little more yellow these day.. I like.
    Ackja Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 12:07 PM
    You're going to keep using mono, even after this? Wow... Good luck with that. You'll need it.
    simonek Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2008, 03:31 PM
    On certain other forums members who use monbenzone say their getting good results with using a glycolic acid peel with their mono application. They also show pictures to confirm the difference in their skin tone. I know their not lying about glycolic acid working because I used to get glycolic acid peel at this spa in newyork and then use a skin lightening cream after the peel and you get lighter quick. So try the glycolic acid peels and then apply your mono .

Sep 9, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Can you suggest a good place to buy one, I searched Google found several sites, just wanted to get your input.

Thanks

Sep 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Just Google "monobenzone".. .. I'm sure you'll find a net of information out there.
    samirch99 Posts: 25, Reputation: -1

Sep 9, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Monobenzone 12% gave me nice pale skin for the first year then afterwards I developed hyperpigmentation all over my body. Ask anyone who has used monobenzone longer than 1-2 years, and you will find out the same unless they already had vitiligo.

Good luck, monobenzone is very dangerous however people have made a business out of marketing creams they claim contains monobenzone, using false, short lived testimonials, preying on the desperation of some individuals in the quest for lighter skin.

Do not believe what people say without proof.

Monobenzone will eventually disfigure, not lighten your skin. However, don't take my word alone. Research it. Look for pictures of persons who claim monobenzone alone lightened their skin permanently.

If you don't find any, well, they don't really exist.

Best regards,

Samir Chothia
    CELINA Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Sep 10, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samirch99
    Monobenzone 12% gave me nice pale skin for the first year then afterwards I developed hyperpigmentation all over my body. Ask anyone who has used monobenzone longer than 1-2 years, and you will find out the same unless they already had vitiligo.

Good luck, monobenzone is very dangerous however people have made a business out of marketing creams they claim contains monobenzone, using false, short lived testimonials, preying on the desperation of some individuals in the quest for lighter skin.

Monobenzone will eventually disfigure, not lighten your skin. However, don't take my word alone. Research it. Look for pictures of persons who claim monobenzone alone lightened their skin permanently.

Best regards,

Samir Chothia

OMG Hi Sam! I'm one of your biggest fans. I am always waiting to when you make your rare occasional guest appearance here over the months and years. Your info has helped turned my life around. I can't say I'm anywhere near as pale and beautifully radiant as you, but I have managed to go at least 3 shades lighter in just 3 months. So far.

Thank you for steering me away from monobenzone. And I'm sorry about your site. I have been emailing with Peshwarya and DK and several other members who asked me not to mention their names, and they have filled me in on what happened. I'm so sorry about all the hate on those who achieve enough genuine lightening that they share not just their "stories" but their before and afters to give a genuine illustration of the change in skin tone.

Anyone can just say they lightened so and so many shades with so and so product. That does not seem to bother anyone. But when people that really get those results they claim show it off it disturbs those who are talking but not getting anywhere. Especially that person in charge of misleading so many others. I'm pretty sure its because they saw Peshwarya, DK's and Entity's results and blew up this time. Anyway, you are right, do not believe what people say without proof, and do not rush to believe anyone unless they are providing updates ove several months and several years.

I do have yet to hear from anyone except persons with vitiligo, that Monobenzone permanently lightened. All I hear about is that monobenzone lightened them at first, up to for 2 years but then they developed very dark brown, blackish pigment all over their body resistant to even 40% monobenzone with or without TCA peels. I am so glad I didn't go the monobenzone route.

And Simmy if you're reading this, thanks so much for sharing your history and your picture of the horrible disfigurement monobenzone ultimately caused.

C
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Sep 10, 2008, 08:18 AM
    ^What did you use to get three shades lighter? Lol

And if anyone had results with mono I doubt most of them would be brave enough to show their faces... as the poster child for bleaching your skin lol.

But I don't think anyone without vitiligo has had success because 1. Not a lot of people have heard of it, 2. If they've heard of it, they can't even get legit mono without a vitiligo prescription from a real pharmacy, and 3. They wouldn't show a photo if they did have success.
    Super Shallow Posts: 145, Reputation: 7
    -

Sep 10, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samirch99

Best regards,

Samir Chothia
    Very interesting...
    I think you right...
    Can you suggest us something else? Good and strong like mono but without damaging impacts ?

CELINA what did you use to get three shades lighter tell me I'm really desperate...

Sep 10, 2008, 09:39 AM
    I would strongly recommend skin actives as a supplier of lighteners. You can buy several products, plus a base cream, and mix them all into your own super-lightening formula. It's pretty cheap as well.

Sam would undoubtedly recommend Herbalinn, which is effective, but expensive and has the worst customer service (if it can be called that at all) I have ever seen.

Sep 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
    I'm sure they used benzyl arbutin... lol at ackja that was fuuny about "if it can be called that at all". What's items did you buy to lighten the skin?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2008, 01:38 AM
    I have seen someone that has been depigging with mono and other products for over 6 years now and she looks great no white spots her complexsion is flawless, so mono does work in low dosage also it needs to be accompanied by another product, mono alone won't due
    spotted Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Sep 13, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Hey guys, Mono messed up my hands big time!! I am so regretting the day that I started applying it to my hands, they used to be very clear and nice but I wanted more! Now I just wanted them back! I have a big dark thick leathery skin between my thumps and pointers.. do you guys think I should continue applying the Mono to peel this ugly skin off or if I stopped it will return back to what it was before messing it up with the mono.. I am now using Bio Claire body cream to clear this mess hoping that's going to help. Please please help me and let me know!
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Sep 13, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackja
    Just google "monobenzone".... I'm sure you'll find a net of information out there.
    Haha, that was cute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin darkening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, am naturally a fair complextioned lady, but scared of using product with hydroquinone.I am becoming darker,could you tell me what I should do,which product is best for me,considering our weather.I live in africa,nigeria

Skin darkening [ 10 Answers ]

My skin is becomes dark after using hair removing creame tellme proper treatment:confused:

Skin Darkening [ 3 Answers ]

There's so much about Skin lightening hear but I was wondering if someone could help me with some products that can darken my skin, I know that this can be done by tanning or something but it just isn't working for me lol I'm dark skinned but the thing is that some parts of my body are lighter...

Darkening your skin permanently [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am someone with dark brown hair, thick black eyebrows and dark brown eyes. I have a quite dark complexion, but my skin (especially the parts that never see any sun) is too pale, I believe, to match my hair colour and the like. It could look good on a blonde or red haired person, but...

Skin darkening [ 1 Answers ]

There are parts of my body that are really dark like my knees, elbows, stomach, back, and upper thighs. I want to know what products I should use to make them lighter.

View more questions Search