Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whwoolhat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Bright red bleeding 12 days before expected
    I took my first BC pill, missed the second, took the third, missed the fourth, took the fifth and sixth, and then stopped taking them. I had unprotected sex four times during that time. My period would normally be due May 18, but today I had bright red (usually I have dark red) blood that came on quickly rather than gradually. It started pink (normally starts brown). Could this be a problem with hormones, or a sign of pregnancy? Please help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2012, 05:10 PM
    When pills are started and stopped, or missed, it can cause a shift in hormones that will result in irregular bleeding. This is likely the cause. Certainly when pills are missed, the effects of preventing a pregnancy decrease, so pregnancy can result.

Most women will not notice any possible signs of pregnancy until about the time their period would be due. This can be a lack of a period or it can be irregular bleeding/spotting... usually a shorter duration and less flow than a normal period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge and Then Bright Red Light Bleeding [ 11 Answers ]

My name is Emma and I am 21 soon to be 22. I am married and my husband works offshore... 7 and 7... I have been experiencing some health issues the past 6 months that has never been problems before. Yesterday I went to use the restroom and I noticed a odorless brown-like discharge on my panties. ...

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

She's not what I expected [ 26 Answers ]

I'm 20 yrs old. I fell absolutely in love with a young girl by accident. I felt too young (-4 yrs) but couldn't help my feelings. She told me everything I ever wanted to hear as if she read a book about me. I can read people very easily, but not her (at first). Almost two years went by of what...

Bleeding 5 days before period due [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering for some advice on this I have 4 children and have periods that I can set my watch to. But this month my cyclce isn't due to start till the 15th of August but I started bleeding lightly last night. It isn't heavy I haven't soak a pad in the last 2 hrs possibly enough to wear a liner...

Statistics@ Jar of coins expected value [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there is a jar of coins where after much discussion and taking the guesses for each person in the class, you arrive at the conclusion that the probability distribution for the number of coins is normal with a 160mean + a standard deviation of 60 coins. What guess should the class...

View more questions Search