Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    verybestpal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 12:33 PM
    I hit one car in the parking lot when I am reversing my car
    The other car got some scratches at bumper and tail light got damgaed only so my question is that does it affect my pubilc record and what type of point will I get,does it required any police report for claims?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Did you leave!? Does the other person even know you did this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by verybestpal
    The other car got some scratches at bumper and tail light got damgaed only so my question is that does it affect my pubilc record and what type of point will i get,does it required any police report for claims?

I don't know what you mean by a public record unless it's hit and run or some other type of violation and you are talking about a record with the DMV or traffic court.

I would guess the other driver didn't insist on filing a Police Report - or filling out an Incident Report/Exchange of Information.

If you don't want to report the accident to your insurance company, if that is your question, then pay for the damages out of your own pocket but pay quickly because the other driver could very well get sick of waiting and file a claim with your company.

I would guess there were no physical injuries and you exchanged information?
    rick83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 10:29 AM
    If you left you'd better make sure that the parking lot doesn't have a camera recording system. If you say it was just a scratch the police doesn't necessarily has to be involved but it depends on what you decide with the other driver. There's also the insurance company to consider. It happened to me in the <a href="http://www.parking4less.co.uk/gatwick_airport_parking.htm">Gatwick parking</a>, it was a stressful episode but I didn't left, the man had insurance on his car, he called for the agent, he came and we explained him how it happened.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2011, 10:30 AM

This thread is from 2008 - I'm sure the problem is solved by now.

I can't open the site you posted. What is it?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 14, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    ... I can't open the site you posted. What is it?
    Works fine for me.
    Gatwick Parking - Compare Prices for Parking at Gatwick
    It's an airport outside of London. Just have to know what portion to cut and paste. :)
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2011, 11:22 AM

Was it worth the time?

I thought it was an ad of some sort!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reversing valve not reversing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman package heat pump model PHJ030-1A. I found a leak in the condenser coil, in the "U" shape joint. I made some checks, reversing valve coil: the resistance was 17. Something ohms, found 24 volts going to the coil, but didn't check for amps. O.K. Would low freon stop the reversing...

Reversing Fan Direction [ 2 Answers ]

On a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan (Lowes) with both pull chain and remote, how do I reverse blade direction if there is no rotation direction switch on the fan body? Does it have to be rewired?

Reversing entries [ 1 Answers ]

I don't understand which accounts need to be reversed at the end of a peroid. Can someone PLEASE help me? I have an exam tomorrow and it's the only part (so far) that I don't get.

View more questions Search