Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron Hamilton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Overhead garage door won't open with remote
    I have 2 Overhead garage door openers. One stopped working a couple weeks ago and the other today. It appeared that the batteries were dead. I replaced the appropriate batteris but door won't open. The red light on remote indicates that the remote is working
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
    My first thought is that maybe you need to "re-train" the opener to your remotes. In the old days, remotes would just send one code, but now they "roll" to a new code every button press. The remotes and the opener have to remain in sync in order to work.

Take a look at this for more detail.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote doesn't open garage door. [ 11 Answers ]

Remote doesn't open garage door. If I press the button within the garage, it will open or close the door. The battery in the remote is new. The built in car opener doesn't work either. At one point, door would open with the remote for several days and then it wouldn't. This happened on two...

Light on Craftsman Garage Door Open will not turn OFF, when Open. [ 8 Answers ]

I purchase a new Craftsmang ½ hp Garage Door Open and found out in the Problem Section that if I have the door open and cross the safety sensor beams the light will turn ON automaticlly. I hate this feature because my kids constatnly run in and out of the garage door when it is open, so the light...

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

View more questions Search