Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksk71in Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Dwwin.exe initialization failed
    Hai

I am senthil here.
    When I try to shut down the windows xp operating system , the following error is coming and then the system is shuts down .

"dwwin.exe DLL initialization failed. the application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down".

I need the solution for this thank u

-senthil
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Your problem isn't with dwwin.exe, you need to find out what is actually crashing at shutdown. Dwwin.exe is part of the Dr. Watson error reporting utility XP uses.

If you can`t find out what it is, try going to Administrative Tools/Services and disable the “Error Reporting Service”.

Also right click My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Error Reporting
    Put a check at both
    - Disable Error Reporting
    - But notify me when critical errors occur

Here's more people talking about it:

Annoyances.org - dwwin.exe (Windows XP Discussion Forum)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DLL initialization failed [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I developed an appl. Using vb6.0 as front end and visual foxpro as backend and create package.I have deployed my package in vendor machine. I run the setup by enter into their local id and the setup got installed. But when the user login to their intranet(ie.LAN) it shows msdasql.dll...

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

Computer 'forgetting' certain file types and dwwin.exe DLL initialization failed [ 5 Answers ]

The last couple of days, something strange has started happening with Windows. When I first start up the computer, everything is fine but after a while it is almost as if Windows 'forgets' certain file types. Any picture format will not load in the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer (it either says...

Dwwin.exe DLL Initialization failed on shut down [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I try to log out and try to shut down Windows, I get the following message: Dwwin.exe DLL Initialization failed on shut down. I have to close two error message boxes before I can shut down windows. Please advise as to how to correct. Thank you

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed

View more questions Search