Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Sep 7, 2008, 10:41 PM
    What to do with a pesky cat
    I live in a mobile home and there are several cats around.There is one in particular that has made a hole in the siding larger and goes under the trailer. My dogs go berserk,we have our back yard fenced in,our dogs do not run loose at all. We put a small board over the hole to keep her out,and she tries to move it. She is pregnant,the neighbor,whom we have seen feed the cat,it goes to them when they come home,has denied ownership of her. I called animal control last week to bring the cage to catch her,they never showed up. 2 nights ago,I came home and found 2 kittens under the house,they look just weaned. We were able to get them,but I do not want the other cat to have her babies under the house. Since no one claims her,and the animal control will not come get her,is there anything I can put down in the yard and around the fence to keep her away? I know soap will keep deer out of the garden,sulfa will keep snakes away,but what will work with cats? If she starts to bed under there she will pull out the insulation and it will small bad. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I know she is fed ,but she runs loose and my dogs stay at the door or window barking at her.At night ,they keep watching the vents in the floor. Please help!
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Sep 7, 2008, 10:59 PM
    I've found vinegar works when sprayed where animals aren't wanted. The aroma is speacially acrid to animals sense of smell... don't spray on the animals, only spray where you don't want them to go... good luck...
    CESElizabeth Posts: 81, Reputation: 7

Sep 8, 2008, 02:09 AM
    I plant Marigolds around my garden. Cats never go into the garden area, they hate Marigolds. Cats avoid Geraniums, Petunias, and Fuchsias too.

Frankie
    dogpoundbrenda Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Sep 8, 2008, 08:42 AM
    I suggest you go buy a live trap and catch her yourself... they aren't that expensive and you'll have it if you ever need it again.Then fix all your holes so that nothing else can go under there.I had that problem and that's what I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got another one of those pesky emails. [ 18 Answers ]

Would like comments on this, cites sources Subject: Taxes

Pesky crows [ 2 Answers ]

Dear People, how do I limit crows activity? They managed to scare all the other birds away and we no longer hear happy chirping... All answers are greatly appreciated. Helen

Pesky little fleas! [ 4 Answers ]

My poor baby has fleas, bad! We live in Texas and there is a HUGE flea problem. She had a visit with the vet today and he recommended Frontline (which they sold there at the office). I put it on her immediately when we got hime. She still seems to be itching but she has so much hair it's hard to...

How Do You Deal With Pesky 'Cold Callers'? [ 7 Answers ]

Found this on the net just had to share. The best way to get rid of pesky 'cold callers'. I’m Sorry, I Can’t Talk Right Now….I’m “Breastfeeding.” Who would have thought that breastfeeding would have so many advantages? And I’m not talking about the whole brain development thing. Yeah,...

View more questions Search