Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrazyDaisyLou Posts: 194, Reputation: 7

Sep 7, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Chevy s10 gear grinding?
    I have a 2000 Chevy S10. Last night, I went to the store, and when I left, I heard my truck make this grinding noise. Now, every time I drive over 35, it makes this grinding noise when I slow down, and for the first 15 seconds after I start driving after first turning on my truck. I let my truck run for a few minutes before I start driving. It sounds almost like it's having trouble shifting gears. Then, when I stop, it makes a "thunking" noise, like it went into gear. The check engine light did not come on, but I have had problems before that it didn't come on for a few days. I know my transmission fluid hasn't been changed since I bought it six years ago, but I've had so many other things go wrong with it, that I can't tell you everything I've had fixed. Last year it was a gasket, two years ago it was my four wheel drive. I've had the starter replaced. That's just the beginning. It's still under 100,000 miles, too. Can anyone tell me the different possibilities of what it might be and *price ranges.* In advance, I understand that it isn't the same in price for every area and every garage, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance.

Daisy
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 06:59 AM
    "Different possibilities" could generate quite a list, but a couple things come to mind:
    Collapsed engine or transmission mount
    Exhaust pipe contacting underbody/frame
    A/C pipe contacting underhood components
    The best idea would be to have someone local take a look at your vehicle and pin down what is causing the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Chevy Impala Gear Shift Locked [ 3 Answers ]

My gear shift is locked and the key is in the ignition, now battery is dead. I need help

Grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 96 honda civic lx,and thereis a grinding noise every time I make a sharp left turn,it seems the only time it does this is when there is excessive weight in the rear or on the passenger side of the car.what could this be? It does not do this all the time only when there is a lot of weight on...

Is grinding easy to do? [ 4 Answers ]

Is grinding easy to do?

Baby grinding teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 1/2 month old son, he started teething when he was about 6 months and has about 6 teeth, abouth 2 or 3 weeks ago, he started grinding his teeth and we can't get him to stop. The only solution that we have come up with is to use his soother when he grinds, is there anything we can do to...

View more questions Search