Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Do lawyers hire admins who are not paralegals yet?
    I am making a mid-life career change and would welcome suggestions and advise.

I have a BA in journalism and a great deal of business experience in marketing, sales, customer service and things of that nature. I am enrolled in a paralegal program at a local college, which I will complete in a year. In the meantime I'd like to start working in the legal field to start my shift, with the hopes of growing into a paralegal job once my education is complete next year.

I am wondering if anyone has done this and can share how they worked it out. I also am interested in hearing from lawyers, paralegals or legal administrative professionals who can share any advise or insight with me. I live in the Chicago area so there are a ton of firms out there - I'm just not sure how best to approach them.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 02:18 PM
    While most will be paralegals, or bar grads who have not passed bar yet to do research and others with experience.
    But there are those that have people who answer the phones, do filing, make copies. Some of the large "chain" firms that do bankrutpcy for example have dozens of people who do scanning to computer, answer phones and pull and put files away. You contact as many firms as you can every day and keep contacting and contacting and contacting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search