Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chtrdchpprs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2006, 01:51 AM
    New mouse problems
    I'm trying to install a new wireless optical mouse. My computer recognizes it in the usb port, says device is working properly, however I cannot get the mouse to work.the old mouse still works. What do I need to do?
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 8, 2006, 02:17 AM
    Ug I have had a heck of a time with my wireless mouse.. I have to turn off the computer, wiggle the wire in the port and reprogram it often... Is it the kind that you have to push a button on the receiver and then push the button on the bottom of the mouse? If so you may have to keep trying to program it, make sure there is nothing in the way of your receiver.Also make sure the batteries are fresh and when you do get it to work, change the batteries before they go completely dead. You may have to uninstall your old mouse software and reinstall the wireless software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mouse problems [ 4 Answers ]

How do I clean my mouse?

ME-Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am runnig Me on my PC .but the Mouse does not work... Help.. What can I do

Installing a new mouse [ 8 Answers ]

I have just bought a new gaming mouse with a ps2 connection,can I just install this mouse without unpluging the origenal mouse which is on a different connection

Serial Mouse Detection Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I recently formatted and upgraded a Pentium I Gateway Computer to Windows 98. I attached a serial mouse to it-but I keep getting this error message that tells me no mouse is dectected. I must either restart if I have a PS/2 mouse or I may safely attach a serial mouse then. The mouse is already...

Mouse problem [ 2 Answers ]

My mouse is very moody. I changed it a couple of times thinking it might be my mouse but it still acts the same. My latest one is a wheelmouse optical. It does not move to the direction I wanted it to go and responds very slow. It works fine for a short while but later it gets stuck again. I tried...

View more questions Search