Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaila998 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Hair loss
    I am 21 yrs old,sice 2 yrs I am losing my hairs slowly and slowly due to which I have started looking bald in front area.I tried lot of oils but nothing helped. Help me out.Other problem is that I am 5,3 height and only 42 kgs so I want to gain weight so what should I do for it.I eat but nothing happens.
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 7, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Are you black or white?

Sep 7, 2008, 09:19 AM
    What type of question is this?

Sep 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
    I am going to answer your hair loss question. Black and white people have different hair types. So in order for me to better answer it specifically for you then I need to know if you are black or white?

Sep 8, 2008, 08:36 AM
    I am white.I have already tried many things but nothing helped.how can u help me with visible results?
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Sep 8, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Do you have enough protein in your diet?

Have you had your thyroid checked?

Any doctors visits? You might have a vitamin deficiency

Sep 8, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaila998
    I am white.i have already tried many things but nothing helped.how can u help me with visible results?
    Is your hair loss at target areas?? Such as the sides or is your hair line simply receding?
    Generally if your hair loss is at a target area such as the temples it could mean that you are pulling your hair. This area tends to be the weakest and it is a suggestion that you stop putting your hair into ponytails, and if a ponytail is absolutely necessary try not to do it tightly. Sometimes diet can be a factor, you need to make sure you take a vitamin (I suggest using a prenatal vitamin because it has a lot of the good stuff that provides a head of healthy looking hair). Is your hair shiny or is it dry and brittle? If it is brittle you are probably not drinking enough water. It is recommended that you drink about eight glasses a day. Or it can mean that you are washing your hair too much. Yes, you overwash your hair. Try every other day. Do you color your hair? That causes hair loss. Not everyone can color or bleach their hair, the chemicals can cause a tremendous amount to hair loss. The last factor can be heriditary. Did your mom or grandmother experience hair loss? Find out.
    Minoval is a great product that stimulates hair regrowth. They don't sell it in beauty stores, but you can get it online for like eight bucks. I have seen this stuff work miracles, but I will suggest trying one of my suggestion above to see what happens before you use the minoval.

Good luck

Sep 9, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Thanks for your concern,my hair loss is not patchy it is uniform thruout.I don't dye my hairs.I wash my hairs once a week only with shampoo.I tried lots of oils but my hair fall didn't stopped,I used parachute hair fall therapie it helped me in some way but after being stopped hair fall started again.I need something to regrow my hairs.but I don't know the reason of my hair fall and weight loss.my mom still have good hairs so I don't think it is hereditary.I went to dermatologist in my city he suggested me tretinoin gel and clobetasol sol but it didn't helped me.I have not gone through thyroid test.yes my hairs are too dry,this is the other reason why they break easily I think. Advise me something

Sep 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
    thanks for ur concern,my hair loss is not patchy it is uniform thruout.i dont dye my hairs.i wash my hairs once a week only with shampoo.i tried lots of oils but my hair fall didnt stopped,i used parachute hair fall therapie it helped me in some way but after being stopped hair fall started again.i need something to regrow my hairs.but i dont know the reason of my hair fall and weight loss.my mom still have good hairs so i dont think it is hereditary.i went to dermatologist in my city he suggested me tretinoin gel and clobetasol sol but it didnt helped me.i have not gone thru thyroid test.yes my hairs are too dry,this is the other reason why they break easily i think. advise me something
    You need to also use a deep conditioner. Shampoo kind of takes moisture(oils) out and conditioner is supposed to put that moisture back in. It sounds like your hair and weight loss is due to your diet. You really need to drink more water and take a vitamin. Of course that stuff works until you stop using it is made for you to become dependent on it so you have to keep buying it. You need to find the real reason for your hair loss. And I think that it is mainly your diet. You will never find a quick fix in a bottle.

Good luck

Sep 10, 2008, 08:18 AM
    So according to you its diet problem and not thyroid problem.if so suggest me which vitamin I should take
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Sep 10, 2008, 08:24 AM
    I just saw your question and all the answers I know a main vitamin for hair growth is protein, however you need to get your other vitamins every day too. I take a multivitamin from equate and I feel great, have more energy and everything, it helped my hair grow a lot quicker, then ever in my life. I also did the deep conditoner every week, I like aussie moisture you leave it in for three minutes. I hope some of this helps. Have you tried any hair regrowth products over the counter? Godd luck~

Sep 10, 2008, 08:29 AM
    so according to you its diet problem and not thyroid problem.if so suggest me which vitamin i shud take
    Like I posted before any prenatal vitamin. It might sound weird, but it a potent vitamin. I had my daughter over three years ago and I still take them. It is very good for hair, skin, nails, and energy.
    needinghair Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 10:33 AM
    I heard on television today that the lack of hydrochloric acid in our stomach cause hair loss in middle age women, and that's me. So my question is where and how do I purchase this type of acid. Is this found in a certain compound or what... please help with any info you might have...

Sep 10, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by needinghair
    i heard on television today that the lack of hydrochloric acid in our stomach cause hair loss in middle age women, and thats me. so my question is where and how do i purchase this type of acid. is this found in a certain compound or what... please help with any info you might have...
    I have never heard that before, but I know that hydrochloric acid is supposed to aide in the digestion of your food. It's basically produced naturally. If you don't get enough of it then I would suggest to quit taking antacids because that can be a problem. I have also heard of taking a teaspoon of vinegar mixed with water with every meal to boost your hydrochloric acid levels. But I have never heard that that is what causes hair loss in any woman.

Sep 13, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Are prenatal vitamins safe for unpregnant ladies?I have heard that they regrow hairs in other body parts also?

Sep 14, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Yes, prenatal vitamins are perfectly safe for unpregnant women. They advise women that are trying to get pregnant and women that have given birth to take them. The only reason is that they are simply a potent vitamin. When I took my prenatal vitamins my hair started growing, and most people would say that all of the hormones in your body caused your hair to grow. Well then I ask them how come my hair continued to grow even after I had my baby? It's because I continued to take my vitamins.

I didn't get a mustache, if that's what you are worried about. Sweetie, all prenatal vitamins are just that, vitamins. If you are not comfortable taking them because you think they are strictly for pregnant women then just take any multivitamin. And make sure you are drinking enough water.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 14, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by needinghair
    i heard on television today that the lack of hydrochloric acid in our stomach cause hair loss in middle age women, and thats me. so my question is where and how do i purchase this type of acid. is this found in a certain compound or what... please help with any info you might have...
    Hydrochloric acid is highly corrosive! Don't buy it. I doubt you can buy it anyway. It's usually found in labs.

Sep 14, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Thanks for your concern dear.actually I am just 21 so worried.I will definitely try prenatal vitamins and let you know about its effects.if I really started seeing good results from it then hats off to u.
    hair_lover80 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 07:55 PM

If vitamins are what you want you should try biotin and msm1000mg. Also l-cysteine as that is an amino acid.

Hair_lover80

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can dying your hair darker cause hair thinning or loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Can coloring your hair cause it to thin? I have had significant thinning, maybe 20% and it not only seemed to start a year and a half ago when I first started to color my hair, but I noticed more loss right within a few days of having it colored. I haven't had it colored now for about 3 months, and...

Hair loss due to hair coloring [ 2 Answers ]

Can certains types of hair color cause cause hair loss? A cheaper hair color? >Moved from Forum Help<

Hair loss. [ 1 Answers ]

I am good looking boy.. I am from chennai... but I have hair loss that is making me bad.. how can I control loss.of hair... nd can I have regrowth of it... Thank u..

Changes in Hair texture, with Hair loss [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, For the past 3 months I have been experiencing diffused hair loss. Along with that my hair has completely changed texture all over my scalp. (on the sides/back/top) I had blood work done and everything came back normal. Does anyone know what might have caused this... its so scary because...

View more questions Search