Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2012, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BJOMG View Post
    Dear Classy T,

Here is a link that will describe this in more detail, so you can understand it fully: "Absent with the body, present with the Lord"".

In Christ,
    Brenda
    Funny how this guy conveniently leaves out his religious background or under what churches authority he is living and spreading his brand of theology? Does not the bible teach that we all must come under authority of someone .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Funny how this guy conveniently leaves out his religious background or under what churches authority he is living and spreading his brand of theology? Does not the bible teach that we all must come under authority of someone .
    It's there -- Site owner information
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

Nope sorry. It clearly states "non denominational" and gives no authoritative answer as to who or what church doctrine he follows. As far as I know he is a Mormon or a JW.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 03:44 PM
    I'm guessing his authority is the Bible. Definitely not Mormon or JW.

I emailed him to find out.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2012, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm guessing his authority is the Bible. Definitely not Mormon or JW.

I emailed him to find out.
    There are other groups that believe the "soul sleep" view, including Adventist and probably some others that I don't know about. We'd have to know his views specifically on Jesus to determine whether he's a Mormon, JW or something else.
    Marion 54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 04:01 PM
    In 1972 I died and I stood before the LORD. I seen a bright light and I ask the question where am I . I was told , you are standing before the LORD. I ask how do I know you are the LORD. A arm came out of the whiteness and there was a hole in His arm. Then the LORD ask me if I was ready to come home. Now with that said. I don't under stand why preachers say you sleep? I did not sleep. I went from earth to stand before the LORD in a trekking of an eye really a trekking of the eye.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marion 54 View Post
    I don't under stand why preachers say you sleep? I did not sleep. I went from earth to stand before the LORD in a trekking of an eye really a trekking of the eye.
    The phrase "you sleep" refers to the body which "sleeps" in a grave until Judgment Day when body and soul are reunited.

What do you mean by "trekking"? This means "hiking." Do you mean"twinkling" of an eye?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 08:22 PM
    The way I see it is that we are a speck of time within eternity and eternity isn't confined to time in any way shape or form
    freeman4 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by truck 41 View Post
    Hello sorrow, you missed the scripture that is for the church, read 1 thessalonians chapter 4 verses 13--18 the apostle paul explains to the church that those that are in christ have not died but sleep until his coming.
    Hello to all:

Remember the scripture that states " those who are Christ's do not have to worry about the Second Death. So if that be the case when one dies they are dead, not asleep. The dead in Christ shall be raised from the dead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

The body and blood of Jesus Christ. [ 81 Answers ]

The Lord Jesus Christ, God the Son, said (From the NKJV) Matthew 26: 26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed it and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is My body.'' 27. Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink...

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

The return of Jesus Christ [ 131 Answers ]

What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search