Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inoble Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Jews for Jesus
    Is there a sect under Judaism called "Jews for Jesus?" If so, who is the founder?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 8, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Hello inoble

Yes
    The founder was Moishe Rosen

Jews for Jesus have their own website, where you can find your answers (LINK) !

:)
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Sep 9, 2008, 05:44 PM
    No, that "sect" is just a branch of Christianity, founded by the Baptists

The organization was founded under the name Hineni Ministries in 1973 by Moishe Rosen, an ordained Baptist minister[22] who was born Jewish and converted to Christianity at the age of 17.[
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 06:37 PM
    As noted it is a denomination of Christianity, based on Jewish customs and traditions but adding the saving grace of Christ
    In many ways this may be closer to some of the earliest forms of Christianity that the early church practiced.

Sep 10, 2008, 09:37 AM
    The title "Jews for Jesus" is misleading! From the surface one would think it was an off shoot of Judaism. Thanks to all for their input! Can it be said then that "Jews for Jesus" is a christian religion?
    ZachZ Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Sep 15, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inoble
    The title "Jews for Jesus" is misleading! From the surface one would think it was an off shoot of Judaism. Thanks to all for their input! Can it be said then that "Jews for Jesus" is a christian religion?
    Without a doubt or question, "Jews for J*sus" is strictly Xian and is in no way whatsoever Jewish.

This organization is not even any kind of religious sect or group itself. It is only a Xian evangelical ministry that exists for the explicit purpose of converting Jews from Judaism to Xianity.

Sep 15, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Thanks Zachz! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do Jews celebrate birthdays? [ 13 Answers ]

My son's birthday is coming up and his best friend is Jewish. Would it be appropriate to invite him to my son's birthday party? I can call it a play date and not sing happy birthday (he doesn't want a cake anyway).

Orthodox Jews and Physical Fitness [ 9 Answers ]

Is there some reason in Jewish religious books that prohibits male Orthodox Jews from participating in promoting their physical fitness--sports, exercise, walking, whatever?? Is it against their God's law?

A questions for true Jews only! [ 4 Answers ]

Why do the Jewish people not accept Jesus as the Messiah like Christian people do? I want real Jewish people to answer this one so I get the correct perspective on this. Thank you.

Jews [ 18 Answers ]

Why don't Jews celebrate Christmas? And what festival do they celebrate in December? And what's that festival about? From Cocopops2311

Young Jews and the state of Israel [ 5 Answers ]

Hello lanzmen: I read where HALF of American Jews under the age of 35 don't feel a kinship toward the state of Israel. They couldn't care much whether it got destroyed or not. To those of you who DO feel that connection, you understand how troubling this news is. I suppose this was to be...

View more questions Search