Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lissylou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Clean a wedding dress
    If I put my wedding dress in the washing machine and it wrinkles up can I hang it up and the wrinkles come out after it is dry?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 09:16 PM
    It's not a good idea to wash your own wedding dress, most wedding dresses are dry clean only.

Most dry cleaners will clean and package your wedding dress, the packaging prevents air from entering and discoloring the dress.

Good luck.
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Don't do it. Especially if you want to keep it. Take it to a dry cleaner. And you should do it soon. The longer any marks or stains sit in the fabric the harder it will be to clean. If money is an issue, check bridal shops and dry cleaners to see if they have coupons.

If this answer was helpful, please rate it using the button below. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding dress [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a wedding dress that is not that tradditional white, long, vail, gown. I want something different, with colors and prints. Where can I find it? It is annoying that nomatter where I look, there it is, that boring white gown that everybody uses! Thanks.

Lacing a wedding dress [ 2 Answers ]

Was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it is to take a wedding dress that is already made with a zip up the back and take the zip out and put lacing up the back instead?

Weird Dream about a wedding dress [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dreamt of a woman in a wedding dress I don't even know. I saw the dress clearly and it was beautiful and the woman was beautiful and then I fell down the stairs and I didn't hurt myself, I got right up. I remember I was mad that this guy I had a couple dates with, nothing serious, saw me...

Proper wedding dress [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to a wedding that will be at 7:00 p.m. and reception/dinner after. Question: Please advise the proper dress for an evening wedding.

Wedding Dress Colour [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting married in a garden in Portugal, with a white house as a backdrop. The wedding will take place in Mid March. I have found the perfect dress but it comes in lots of colours. I do not want to wear traditional white. I have mousy brown hair, which will have red, gold & copper...

View more questions Search