Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Backup files
    I am running Windows XP Home on my Dell and I need to back up some files to CD. It has been so long since I've done it I can't remember how! Where is the back up program that allows you to pick which ones you want to send to CD? Thanks:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 7, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Are you lookup to do a regular backup or just a one copy. You can just drag and drop onto the CD for a one time backup. If you you want to do a regular backup you can right click on the drive, select Properties, then Tools, then Backup. But frankly I would recommend getting a 3rd party backup utility like Backup MY PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic Backup of files [ 7 Answers ]

I'm tired of the poor performance and funky interface of Retrospect. I want to backup My Documents (automatically and nightly) to my external HD. Looking for good freebie or cheap backup program suggestions. Thanks!

Basement backup [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our house in Wisconsin was built in the late 20's and does not have drain tile or a sump pump. After most large rainfalls we get water coming up from cracks in the floor. We will probably be putting in tiles and a pump because that alone is a huge pain. After this last large...

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

Backup [ 1 Answers ]

I have Server Dell 4400 power edge OS: NT 4 Server with Service Pack 6 Tape Drive: Compaq DLT7000 External Backup Software: Arc Serve 2000 When I take the backup, it starts successfully and after finishing the First tape it asks for the second tape to continue, when we insert second Tape....

View more questions Search