Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikejack99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Slow running toilet sewage smell in utility room
    Hello,
    I live in a basement condo in jersey city. Next to my unit is a utility room. There appears to be two big manhole covers in the floor and ejector pumps attached to them. Since my toilet and drains are on the same floor level as the floor in the utility room, I am assuming my toilet and drains drain into these manholes and then are pumped up and out into the main sewer line. It looks like all the condos above me drain through a different line but I could be mistaken. It also appears overflow water might from drains might go into these manholes. The past week I have smelled a severe sewage smell in this utility room and I noticed my toilet after consecutive flushes or multiple flushes within an hour seems to drain extremely slowly. I am wondering if this could mean there is a problem with my toilet pipes or perhaps a problem with the ejector pumps etc. any ideas what this could be. I also noticed a drain overflowing around the same time from my washing machine which I managed to fix with some drano. Any information you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Sep 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Hello, I would have your maintenance person check the pumps out to make sure there both working, if there are two pumps then one may be going bad and not pumping the way it should. If no maintenance person then have a plumbing co. check it out before it gets any worse. Goodluck----Zeke---

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell in utility room [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last two months we have had a rotten smell coming out of our utility room. We know it is not our drier or our washing machine and there are no leaks around any of the connecting pipes. We have also checked the u-bend under the sink as well as the dishwasher outlet pipe and are mystified. A...

Adding a toilet to utility room [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a one bathroom home I want to add just a potty to the utility room , the wall in there is also the bathroom wall, Can I easly pipe into this plumbing to add a potty? Thanks

Sewage smell in toilet, ulitity room and crawl space [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I hope someone can help I have a sewage smell coming from my toilet, ulitity room which is now in venting through my house. I've tried Rid X but that's not helping. I don't have any sewage back up just this terrible smell can someone please help me.

Sewage smell in laundry room [ 4 Answers ]

We live in an unincorporated rural area east of Dallas. We have lateral lines for septic, and a totally separate piping system for our laundry room which uses a french drain. Slab foundation. Laundry room shares a wall with a bathroom. Problem: extremely concentrated sewage gas smell fills the...

View more questions Search