Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brenda10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 04:00 AM
    Am I entitled to part of his 401K
    I am going through a divorce and my husband has a 401K and I do not. Am I entitled to part of the 401K that he has even though we only been married for 7 years?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Moved to retirement

This will depend upon many factors, including where you live and the laws in the state you are gettimng divorced in
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 6, 2008, 06:33 AM
    This is really a divorce issue since it's a matter of community property laws and/or negotiation. There is certainly provision for you to claim part of his 401K as part of your divorce settlement.

You need to discuss this with your divorce attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting part of 401K to Gold [ 6 Answers ]

I currently have a 401K plan. I would like to convert some of this to Gold coins. Can this be done without incurring a penalty? How would I go about this? :)

Cashing out part of my 401k reinvesting the rest [ 6 Answers ]

I Am Starting A New Job Which Does Not Have 401k I Would Like To Cash Out Part Of The Money And Reinvest The Rest Do You Have Any Suggestion On How I Go About Doing This.

If my husband got a homestead rebate as part owner of our house am I entitled to one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, it seems that I am having a tax question. My husband and I were married several years ago and recently found out that only he was getting a homestead rebate, don't ask me how. Am I entitled to a matched amount or is the amount he received the total for us as a married couple, filing...

View more questions Search