Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arta814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Is it worth
    I'm 16 and I think I mite like my friends ex I've tlked to him about it and he says he is over her and my friends think I should ask her out. EVeryone but me thinks it is a guaranteed yes and I don't know... I have had bad experience in the past with her friend who had basically played me and said she liked me just to get me away from this girl I was starting to start a realationship (wasnt going out yet). She's different but I'm afraid if I ask her out and she says no this girl will ruin me and plus if she says shell think about it or something that this girl will put in a bad word. I just want to know if this girl is really worth it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2006, 08:18 PM
    First being told no is not the end of anyone's world,

If you want to date, you ask people out, the more people you ask, the better the chance to go out. You are not asking for a life long commitment, you just want a date
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2006, 05:01 AM
    Hi, Arta,
    You are 16; I'm 64... been there, done that.
    It's a normal feeling, being a teen, to worry about what others think and are talking about... called gossip. You seem to be more concerned about others, than with yourself; it's sometimes normal to feel that way. Some adults feel that way, too!
    Ask her out. Don't be that concerned about others. As your previous answer said, it's called dating. It's a way to get to know others, find someone you really like, and who likes you. It will come to you with experience; it's the best teacher.
    I wish you the best, and remember; be yourself. Don't be scared or afraid if she says "no". It won't be the last time, I quarantee you! Life is what you make it, so make it good. Go for it.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 7, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Dear arta814, first, welcome to the forum and I hope you'll stay with us for a long time. We'll help you through this, one way or the other. If you've had the chance to read other threads in this forum about teens and their issues, you'll know that you are not alone in this and that it's a natural growth process.

Just take it slow, don't worry about what others will say or do. Believe it or not, they are just as anxious and comprehensive as you are about life and what's still in store for you. Don't let them tell you any different. Most of the time, when kids your age act like they are older and wiser, they are just trying to 'save face' and don't do a good job. Then, they pick on someone that is newer at the dating game than they are, just to make themselves feel better.

As long as you treat the girls with respect, they cannot say anything bad about you. Just be your normal self and, believe it or not, ask your parents for some hints. Remember, that your parents have 'been there, done that' too, and it would make them proud to help you out in this.

If you are shy about talking to your parents, then just let it all out here with us, and we'll do the best we can.

Good luck, and enjoy your youth as much as you can.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2006, 09:11 PM
    Only you know if a girl is worth it or not. If you like her then go for it and deal with whatever comes of it. You will never know till you try.:cool: ;)
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 7, 2006, 09:41 PM
    Only you know if she is worth it
    The only way you will ever know what she will say is if you ask
    And if she says no just move on don't worry you are young enough there will be many more of these same decisions to make so don't fret just do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is it worth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have some old baseball cards and have no idea what they might be worth. They are: Nolan Ryan 1992 from Leaf, Inc. #22 of 26 Mark Davis 1991 from Leaf, Inc. #54 Andrew Neal Allanson 1191 Leaf, Inc. #42 Ivan Calderon 1991 Leaf, Inc. #48

Is this worth anything? [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased an etching in black ink at a estate sale- It says Native of Samatra on the etching. The artist is Lea Sterting. Below the name is the number 40. I was wondering if it may be worth anything. Thanks-

Worth it or not... [ 5 Answers ]

Possibly I am being silly in even asking but I am having a real hard time trying to derive signs I'm getting from this girls at school. For the majority of my time in college I was in a committed relationship and now that it is over I'm out meeting more women and getting acclimated to single life,...

Is it worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to buy a good cheap car. I've found a really nice '93 honda del sol. It does have a couple issues though. Its got about 200,000 miles and it needs a tail light. Aside from that,its great!Purple with tinted windows and a CD player. They're asking $1100.00. Is it worth it?

View more questions Search