Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 06:15 AM
    The nature of being
    Humans will come up with stories to justify why they are here. Certianly not the simple explanation of premortal ooze. That's too slimey and dirty. So we invent illusions of glory. Filled with rediculas stories and marshmellow clouds. It looks good on paper, but just plain silly. We are basically one celled creatures in a complex universe. A planet of people that has such little understanding that we still believe a fat white guy lives in the clouds and rules us. Think about that, then have the nerve to reply. With all due respect of course.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Hello jrwild62

No problems with the first part of your post.

We are of course trillion celled creatures in a complex universe. On a planet full of people that have little understanding.

However : you may believe what you want, and others may believe what they want.
    Nobody can prove what is and what is not.
    To great length I agree with your views.
    And I have the nerve to reply to you.

With all due respect, of course.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Hello jrwild62

No problems with the first part of your post.

We are of course trillion celled creatures in a complex universe. On a planet full of people that have little understanding.

However : you may believe what you want, and others may believe what they want.
    Nobody can prove what is and what is not.
    To great length I agree with your views.
    And I have the nerve to reply to you.

With all due respect, of course.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    Thanks. I am not trying to make waves in here. I just know what I believe. This subject has the potencial to get volitile. I'm steering clear of that, but will discuss with anyone who cares to. Bring it on...
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 07:14 AM
    I do not think we need to do that.
    You think whatever way suits you, and I think whatever way suits me.

I respect that you think differently, and hope you do the same.
    Tolerance is the core issue here !

:rolleyes:
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 07:28 AM
    I do not think we need to do that.
    You think whatever way suits you, and I think whatever way suits me.

I respect that you think differently, and hope you do the same.
    Tolerance is the core issue here !

I think tolerance has nothing to with anything. That's a human emotion. I'm talking about something that is our very core of being on this planet. Why are we here?? But of coarse, no one can answer that, So it's a dead point.
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwild62
    Why are we here????
    You are here just like any other animal and plant : to breed another generation of whom a few may have some slight changes in their DNA that may be positive in survival of the species, may the environmental conditions suddenly change, requiring adaptation to the new conditions.

That is all there is to why we are here.

If you can not accept that, you should start your own religion...

-

Sep 6, 2008, 07:50 AM
    You are here just like any other animal and plant : to breed another generation of whom a few may have some slight changes in their DNA that may be positive in survival of the species, may the environmental conditions suddenly change, requiring adaptation to the new conditions.

That is all there is to why we are here.

If you can not accept that, you should start your own religion ...

I agree 100%. We are her to breed and carry on our species. Just like a dandilion or a 3 toed sloath. Mate, and mate often. Sperm and pollen serve the same purpose. But don't tell that to religious people, in their world, sex is a sin. Especially with the lights on. And lord forbid you do other than missionary. That's a sin. Open the bible.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Sep 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
    I think it is simple. Everyone needs something to believe in, to have faith and hope especially when times are tough. It is not easy for anyone out there these days. Think of it through the eyes of a regular person... what is the purpose of living if we do not have faith or hope? What kind of future are we going to have or our children and their children's children? Why are we here?. like a animal or plant... live, learn, work, mate, have kids, families, eat, and sleep so we can just roll over and die like plants or animals... no, I honestly don't think so. I think we are more evolved then other species of the earth... and we are probably not the only intelligent life source in this universe either. We think, we invent... we are so much more capable. I think a belief system is manufactured so that we don't forget the old days, hard times, good times, past lessons, history and what we can still learn from to this day and age as a modern human race. Also to maintain our integrity and values of the past to be carried on through generation.

In my opinion, I think that some people are afraid of death... actually terrified. So yes, they think about afterlife because they can not come to terms with the possible fact that we just might die and nothing else is to come of it! Fundamentally, as per the concept of survival we don't just want to die and leave our body in the earth. We want to live on so we have built man made religions, churches and politics. I am happy that you think it is silly that heaven is envisioned as marshmallow clouds and that fat white guy lives in the clouds and rules us... I agree with you. I don't think anyone rules us and we are to choose our life according to our demise or success. Yes, we are just matter composed in complex molecules held together by gravity... if we could just adjust our mind we could be capable of things only imagined. But you can't deny the fact that there is still a life source that makes all things survive and work the way they do.

I am a person of beliefs and values and I have a very defined and open concept set of beliefs which come from my birth origins and things alike but I don't run from challenges with all due respect and find you uncanny. But nothing like a fresh perspective. :)
    -

Oct 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxaprilwine View Post
    In my opinion, I think that some people are afraid of death...actually terrified. So yes, they think about afterlife because they can not come to terms with the possible fact that we just might die and nothing else is to come of it! Fundamentally, as per the concept of survival we don't just want to die and leave our body in the earth. We want to live on ....
    And so we do!! Only not in some heaven or hell, but in our children and grandchildren, in whom we passed our genetic make-up.
    All parents live on in their off-spring.

Another reason why we should do our real utmost to keep this planet from destruction due to global warming, as that will result in a strong negative influences at the survival chances of our children and grandchildren.
    So if we want to live on , let's make sure that they will be able to live on...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 11:36 PM

I don't believe a fat white guy lives in the clouds and rules us. I believe he is a thin black man that uses hypnosis on us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nature to the people. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a position to assist a great number of people in the area of giving back to Nature via an outdoor meditation, martial arts dojo (meeting house) that I have set up. This is a non contact humanity undertaking to allow people to contact Nature via, Kata (movement), Sound (chant), and...

Nature of Compitition [ 5 Answers ]

What are the certain factors, which determine the nature of competition. What are these factors and how do they affect the nature of the competition? Please give some examples if possible.

The nature of god in Confucianism? [ 1 Answers ]

Confucianism what is the nature of god in Confucianism?

The nature of terrorism [ 13 Answers ]

In January 2006, I answered a question on another Q&A board about the nature and causes of terrorism. Here is the original Q&A: However, in the wake of the attempted UK car bombings, I am forced to review this answer. Clearly the doctors in charge of the plot were not economically...

View more questions Search