Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocaholick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2006, 06:30 PM
    Bloated and burping
    Hi,
    As of a few weeks I have been feeling extremely bloated and have been burping a lot. I think I may have acid reflux, but I am also feeling nauseous and don't have much of an appetite. I went off the pill for a month and during that time I didn't get my period. I had my period before that and I took a test and it turned out negative... but I am starting to get worried now. What should I do? I've tried a few over the counter antacids and they didn't help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Hi, choca,
    Have you considered going to a Doctor for a check-up?
    I have acid reflux, but would not have known for sure, until the Doctor examined me, scoped me, and told me that's what it is. There are so many symptoms of it, that are actually symptoms of other things, too.
    See a doctor. I do wish you the best, and good luck. Those acid reflux pills are expensive, even with Insurance.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 7, 2006, 08:36 PM
    I would go see a doctor.
    You need to figure this out.
    I have acid reflux and things you are describing are some of the same symptoms I had.
    But I waited to long to go to the doctor and started to vomit up blood.
    Not good spent four days in the hospital
    lovely mmt Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

May 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
    I would check it out with a doctor and make sure it's nothing serious. My husbands supervisor had a lot of gas one day. He went to the doctors cause it was uncomfortable and they found he had a pocket of air in his stomach and it had gotten infected. Weird! But he's fine now.
    A prescription should do the trick.
    Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burping toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a 1972 Three bedroom 2000 sq foot tri level house on septic. I have 4 kids with two bathrooms. I need help. The downstairs toilet will not flush like it should (its very slow) and when I flush the upstairs the downstairs burps. So far I have tried a plunger, a toilet auger and I have...

Large burping bubbles from toilet when flushed [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a rental property I have been working on and have a problem with the toilet. When the fella who was living there moved out he said that the toilet was not flushing properly, he was right. It would swirl very weakly and every now and then it would barely flush all the way. It...

Burping plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'll just jump into this and say all our drains are flowing slowly- sinks, showers, washing machine, toilets. When we shower, our toilets burp. When you flush the toilet, water comes up the sink in the bathroom. The toilets also burp during the day. When you come home, the water in the toilets...

Burping heating system [ 5 Answers ]

Last month I had several visits from my oil service people because of no heat in one of my zones (oil-fired, hot water, 3-Zone system). The solution was to bleed the system until the line essentially burped. Since those visits I've had to burp the lines myself (watched the techs carefully when they...

Bathroom sink draink burping.. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, the sink in our master bathroom is 'burping' about 2-3 seconds after we turn off the water IF we are draining anything other than water(like toothpaste, hand soap, etc). If it is just water it does not do it. I have so far tried the bleach/hot water suggetion on this site and that did not...

View more questions Search