Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxDanielxx Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 06:19 PM
    f-16 coin
    My dad(before he died) was given a coin with the f-16 fighting falcon on one side and the seal of the Republic of The Marshall islands on the reverse. Its says 5 dollars on the front and back and was made in 1995. I am looking for anyone who knows anything about this coin and/or its real worth.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 09:14 PM
    xxDanielxx- I have been searching for information on this coin,and I will get back to you as soon as I have something about it . I do believe that it is a coin given out by the American legion to members. I hsave one that has a B-47 jet bomber on it . GOD BLESS :F, B,E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
    xxDanielxx - Ok DANIEL: here is the informatio you wanted on the 1995 $ 5.00 Marshall Islands Coin. This coin comes in different denominations ( $ 5.00 ,$10.00 and $ 50.00 Dollar coins. In fact they use several different aircraft from several different countries. Also steam engines ( trains ) Sports. To name a few. I found a good picture of both sides of your coin, and it is as you describedin your post ( Good job) NOW For a little History On the MARSHALL ISLANDS .;;
    The Marshall islands , An Archipelago which is one of four (4) island groups That make up What is commonly knownm as ( MICRONESIA) ,Consists of 33 coral atolls comprised of over 1,150 islands or inlets . IT is located ( EAST of the CAROLINE islands AND WEST -NORTHWEST of the GILBERT islands ,Half way between HAWAII and AUSTRALIA.
    These islands were discovered by a BRITISH SEA CAPTAIN in 1788 and he explored them and they were named after him ( JOHN MARSHALL. The population of the island is over 25,000, Mostly american, Durning WW11
    this iland had some of the most fiercest fighting on it of the entire Pacific theater. It has been under the control of the USA since the war with JAPAN Ended, The USA DOLLAR is the current monetary system. :: The F-16 Fighting Falcon coin you have it's value according to the book in UNCIRCULATED COND> IS $ 5.50
    I found this coin in my coin book on WORLD COINS. Put out by " Chester L. Krause and Clifford Mishler, 1901 coins till present 32 Edition Has over 48,800 coins in it ; IF you go to your local Libery I believe that they will have the book and just carry the information I gave you on the book;; Look on page 1390 left side of page about 1/2 way down , take time and glance threw the pages on the MARSHALL ISLANDS COINS ::
    I hope I have helped you with your question, If you need any more asst, just post it and one of us will be glad to help you out, SORRY It took so long, ;; Have a nice day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coin value [ 2 Answers ]

would like to know approx value of a 1967 $20 canadian gold coin in almost mint condition

Coin value [ 2 Answers ]

value of u.s.$10 gold liberty 1907 excellent cond

Value of coin [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I found a 1938 buffalo nickel and I was wondering the value of it. It has a buffalo on oone side and an indian headon the other, and it has the word LIBERTY next to the indian head. Thank You

Coin Value [ 1 Answers ]

I have several old coins and a silver certificate and I would like to know what the value of them are.:rolleyes: I have an 1884 silver dollar coin/ an 1899 silver dollar coin/ a 1922 Peace dollar coin/ a 1937 Indian head/buffalo nickel and a 1957 B silver certificate. What are they worth, if...

Old Coin [ 5 Answers ]

I have come across many old coins and some old bills. I was wondering what a 1945 and a 1941 Lincoln Penny might be worth, if anything. This is my first time using this service, if more detail is needed let me know.

View more questions Search