Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apologisenow Posts: 295, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Vauxhall vectra rear door lock.
    I have a 1998 2 litre vectra hatchback. One of the rear door locks has gone faulty i.e. will not operate manually with button up or down and neither on the central locking system. Could anybody be able to advise me on what the problem could be? Thanks.

Sep 6, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Does anyone know?
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Ill take a stab at it :).Are you talking about the knob you pull up and down to lock the doors? If so it mite be the rod inside the door panel came lose off the locking mechanisism(sp) you'll have to take the door panel off to see what's going on regardless if it's that or not.You'll see what's causeing the problem better with the door panel off,good luck.

Sep 6, 2008, 05:17 AM
    It doesn't work anyway, the door remains permanently locked whatever position the button is in. Also it does not work via the central locking. Thanks anyway.
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Try using wd-40 or 3in one oil to losen up the lock and the mechanisim,sounds like it mite be just rusty a bit.With the door panel off you should be able to see what's going on inside,if you can get the panel off with the door in the closed position.

Sep 6, 2008, 07:49 AM
    I think it's something to do with the electrics, it cannot be anything else.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Hi Apologisenow,
    I, like Mapleleafpete, think its mechanical. You could have your local locksmith unlock the door and then with the panel off, find the prob. Good luck

Sep 6, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Hmm I don't see y u guys think its mechanical.
    cheryl19791 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 07:42 AM

Hello I've the same problem mate have you done it . If so any ideas how I can do mine very greatfull.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 07:55 AM

I think is is mechanical. Someone may even have tried a Slim Jim to try to open the door, and knocked rod off. Most here think it is mechanical.
    orangestoneface Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 05:46 PM
    If the knob rod is connected but lock still deadlocked, drill a hole in top left corner of white box printed on lock and pull levers inside towards you with a screwdriver to open door
    bellison Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Solution to jamed door lock vectra.with the panel removed form inside the car.looking at the door lock under the lower actuator there is a square moulded id number.in the top corner of the box using a small electrical screwdriver pierce a hole in the plastic casing.push the screwdriver in until it stops and lift upwards gently.PING door open!

The problem is the drive motor witch needs to be wound back manually to allow the door lock to operate.leave the motor disconnected and lock from inside or buy a new one!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2012, 08:05 AM
    Look through these, will help understand the broken one, or be able to replace if desired:
    VAUXHALL VECTRA C REAR DOOR LOCK LH | eBay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door lock [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Bill -- just bought '98 Toyota Camry -- drivers' side door lock doesn't work -- other locks do work. Any ideas?

Vauxhall Vectra [ 5 Answers ]

I Have changed the engine on my 1998 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0L, if we connected the water hoses, the wrong way round on the throttle housing would this allow water into the engine? Or is there any other reason water could get into the engine, replacement engine has done 48.000 miles

98 Golf Rear Door Panel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Volkswagen Golf 4 DR, the back speakers have stopped working on both sides, I switched one of the working front speakers into the back and it didn't work, this leads me to believe that it is in the wiring, I've heard that the connector on the Golf in the back door is usually the...

View more questions Search