Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
    What can I ask in an interview?
    Today was my first time conductiong interviews. I undestand that I cannot ask about race, religion, age, etc. However, after we were done discussing the position, we chatted a little bit. She mentioned her daughter, so I asked how old her daughter is. Is it OK to ask that question?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KMC6296
    Today was my first time conductiong interviews. I undestand that I cannot ask about race, religion, age, etc. However, after we were done discussing the position, we chatted a little bit. She mentioned her daughter, so I asked how old her daughter is. Is it OK to ask that question?

I never did - I never opened a door to what might at some point be discrimination. Sometimes it's hard not to open that door; sometimes I thought people wanted to provide info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-751 Interview [ 15 Answers ]

I received a letter from my district office that I am scheduled for an interview re my pending I-751. They never mentioned anything about bringing my husband along, all the asked me to bring was my passport. My case has been pending over 1 1/2 years. They have requested additional documents which I...

Job interview [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I need a little help! Im going for anaccounting interview and I'm not sure what type of ?s they may ask me!! Does anyone know? I'm just trying to prepare myself.. thanks

Ph.D interview [ 1 Answers ]

I've got Ph.D interviews tomorrow, I'm getting nervous. :eek: Has anyone got any last minute tips?

Went to a job interview [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. Went to a job interview at a video store, need a night job. Any way they said the pay is competitive with other vidoe stores. What does this mean? I don't know how much other video stores pay their employers. Also they said the final hiring process was a test, what kind of test would...

Interview [ 1 Answers ]

How do I answer an interview question asking me to describe my network trouibleshooting skills? :confused:

View more questions Search