Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diamonds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2004, 01:14 PM
    Many Change of Jobs due to Company
    :-[ What correct response should I give to employers looking at my resume and noting the 9 job changes in the last 17 years? All jobs were in the legal field. 3 firms did illegal practices; shut down by government or law suits, 1 moved to Mexico for cheaper labor, 2 downsized due to their financial irresponsibility. I was never laid-off due to any wrong doing on my part but it looks as if I job hopped over the years. I left one company to go to another for higher pay. My present job, I do not like. I've been here for a year and it has been hell and I just want to walk out and quit. I dread going to work every day for the last year. I took the job out of desperation because I was laid-off and out of work for 18 months. The only comfortability in the job is that it is 2 minutes from my home and I get paid every week. How would it look on my resume?
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Apr 13, 2004, 03:34 PM
    Re: Many Change of Jobs due to Company
    I would actually either include an addendum with your resume that explains your unusual circumstances or place a one line item that explains why you eft each organization.

Also when interviewing, you will want to emphasize your interest in a stable organization and your dissatisfaction with your prior employers due to their inability to provide you with stable employment. Do not complain about previous empoyers just state that you wished that things had been more stable. Stability should be your mantra.

One more thing. Get as many letters or recommendation fromprevious employers as possible. It will impress your interviewer if you have references from all your former jobs even though you have moved around a great deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for Jobs [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well I'm applying for summer jobs at a bunch of fast-food restaurants that are highering. I just wanted to know how long does it normally take for them to call you back? Thanks!

Jobs in History [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about jobs in the field of history and apparently it didn't go through the first time I posted it here a little while ago. I also posted this under History because it pertains to both. I graduated yesterday from Adelphi University with a Bachelors degree in History....

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search