Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mellymel1222 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Interested in buying abandoned houses.
    I am interested in buying abandoned property to fix up, and would like to know if there is any city funding or grants available to help me with these purchases. How do I go about getting information on those?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Some cities ( Altanta did) but the properties had to be inner cities and you had to live in it for a certain number of years to quality.
    mellymel1222 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2006, 10:37 PM
    Hi! :) My name is Melanie. My friend Dale is actually looking to invest in real estate. He would like to buy fixer upper's or abandoned homes and He doesn't exactly know where to get started. I think what he was asking up there is where is the best place to GET started. Are there such thing's as Grant's, and what type's? I'm a dummy here, but if you can tell me a good beginning we'd appreciate it.
    He owns his own home, so he's not looking to live in the houses he's looking to buy, fix and sell them.
    And on the abandoned houses thing. Is there a list anywhere on the internet or public record that would have the addresses to them and where they are located? Or do you have to just drive around until you think you found one and then contact the owner?
    Thank's for any help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to buy abandoned homes [ 12 Answers ]

I know there is a way to buy abandoned homes without negotiating with the owner. As you can imagine, some refrain from sharing their secrets. Anyone have any clues?

Abandoned Homes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been watching a home in Gardena, California. It has been abandoned for about 10 years. I called the tax assessor's office and they gave me the name of the owner. So I have that which is a good start. I called the city of Gardena to see if they owned the property and they said no. They...

Tax lien houses [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find info about finding tax lien houses, I'm very interested in buying us a house

Tax lien houses [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find info about finding tax lien houses, I'm very interested in buying us a house

View more questions Search