Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KAPorter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 02:31 AM
    I Need the Name of a Movie
    I'm trying to remember the name of a small, independent film, probably European, that came out in about 2000 or 2001. I apologize in advance for not remembering many of the details. The part of the film that has stayed with me is the climax. On a small, remote island, a young woman (a new bride) lives in a small house with the ocean a few feet away. It's an island with large dark rocks -- we often see waves crashing into the rocks. The woman's husband is older and is away most of the time (fishing, I believe). A horrible, violent murder occurs in the house (I believe it's the young woman's sister or good friend who is killed). The young woman explains that a stranger came into the house and committed the gruesome murder but, in the end, we learn that it was the young woman herself who committed the crime in an uncharacteristic fit of rage and fear. I remember one scene in particular where we're learning the truth about the murder toward the end of the film -- the young woman emerges from the dark ocean after washing away the blood on her body.

It was a strange little movie, but interesting!

Thank you for your help!

KAP
    sheppydie77 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2008, 06:04 AM

Would this film be the slayer
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:44 PM

Maybe The Weight of Water (2000)
    sheppydie77 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2008, 02:28 AM
    Its diffently not the slayer it came out well before 2000/2001

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's movie evil guy turning things to stone cartoon movie [ 8 Answers ]

A movie that came out in late 1980's with a lady who had friends that were weird little dwarfs and an evil guy who turned into a bat would turn things into stone kind of a snow white movie during the movie I just died in your arms played in it and the dwarfs or whatever were singing in it and at...

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Can't remember movie Title! Children's Animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

All I can remember from this movie is that it was animated and there was a blimp and a parade and something evil sort of like a mysterious cloud I want to say was after the girl (main character) it's not Kiki's Delivery Service (cause that has a blimp 2) but I just can't remember!! Please Help! I'm...

View more questions Search