Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    561packrat Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 08:40 PM
    adding solar heating loop to hot tub
    My wife recently purchased an inflatable hot tub. Despite my initial misgivings and a slight beachball smell it has worked out extremely well. It a has pump unit for the filtering and jets, with an integral electric heater. It takes quite a while for the water to heat and the electric bill has really jumped. I would like to add a loop of black plastic pipe between the pump and the tub as a preheat to take some of the load off the heater. My question is ; would 50' of possibly 3/4" id pipe add unacceptable resistance or backpressure? I understand that there are a lot of variables, (pump HP being one unknown), I am just looking for an informed guesstimate. There would be no elevation change for the additional pipe. Thanks. Ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 5, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Hi Ken,
    Click on; Solar Swimming Pool Heating Systems from Hot Sun Industries,Inc. of San Diego, California to check out sloar pool heaters. Regards, Tom
    561packrat Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Hi Ken,
    Click on; Solar Swimming Pool Heating Systems from Hot Sun Industries,Inc. of San Diego, California to check out sloar pool heaters. Regards, Tom
    Thanks, Tom. Checked out the site you suggested , very informative, it'll help me get started learning what I need to know to make some informed decisions. Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Solar heating system for a/g pool [ 3 Answers ]

Hi looking to buy solar heating system for my above ground pool, which is the best and is it possible to run the piping from abour 30 ft away from the pool so as to get full sun all day andddddddd some companies state they have more tubes per ft is this really all that relevant Thanking you in...

Adding Central Air to current heating furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMPN080-4 REV B furnace, using propane for fuel. I would like to know if possible and how involved to add central air.

Solar Heating Panels [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the most efficencent heat raiser, Black screen?

Solar heating [ 2 Answers ]

Help! :confused: I have my first hot tub, and it's wonderful! But the cost to run the darn thing is quite expensive. I live alone and so don't have the luxury of a lovely male person to help me with this (much to my dismay!). I need to start somewhere, so I'm starting here: Is solar heating a...

Adding heating/ac to the garage [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to add AC and possibly heat to my garage so that I can work there. There seems to be two choices: (1) add a portable unit, or (2) extend the duct system from my house. I still need to be able to open and close the garage door so the garage is not energy efficient. Does anyone have...

View more questions Search