Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morena13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 06:51 PM
    It harsh to say but I don't like my cousin
    Me and my cousin are always in competeiton
    Well at least she is. Like she's always trying to
    Brag about what she has and tries acting like she's better than me.
    Like why is she competing what is the prize?
    Like she's always saying she;s prettier just because
    She gots bigger bobbs than me
    Fact- I got a bigger bum than her !
    Like she;s always saying how she has everything better than me
    Like I don't want to be mean or anything
    But I got more expensive clothes and stuff than her
    If I like someone she always tries getting them to like her
    Like nobody likes her just because of her attitude.
    I hate it because I try getting along with her
    But she always talks bull I can't deal with it
    Like we just bump heads a lot anyone got advie on how to deal
    With her? Because you know she;s family ?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Do you in the same house? She's insecure so just ignore it. Just stay away nobody forces you to be with her.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 7, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Obviously she feels she needs to compete w/ you. Take that as a compliment because she feels your better than her! It's her problem. Don't make it yours.

You can talk to her about it or you can ignore it.

You can also choose to hang out w/ someone else.

When you see her just try and have a good time, but unless you live w/ the girl... PICK OTHER PEOPLE TO CHILL W/.

She's insecure. How is that your problem, unless you make it yours.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Just ignore her. If you stop reacting or responding to her bragging she will eventually stop doing it. She is obviously so insecure - this is a way to get attention.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 04:09 PM
    I handle that kind of people with humor. When a very rude sister in law pointed things out about me to show me up as less than her, I would just say something like, "So nice of you to mention it!" Or, "I didn't realize this was the Miss America pageant...let me know next time so I know to stuff my bra!" A few good zingers shut most people up after a while.

As another approach if you are hurt or truly offended by something she says, try, "Why, I don't know why you would want to say such a hurtful thing to me - true or not. I thought we were family. Aren't we suposed to build each other up?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this too harsh? [ 4 Answers ]

There is this guy that I dated a couple of times 7 months back, but distance made us drift apart. Distance is no longer an issue, but he now has a girlfriend who I hear he wants to break up with, but feels guilty about. This guy, seems to act confident and loud, but when it comes to confronting a...

How do I get over the harsh words? [ 14 Answers ]

I just recently broke up with a guy that I was seeing for 6 months. There were many reasons I broke up with him. The main reasons were that his parents were pushing him and I to getting married (go figure he is a successful lawyer but completely attached to the umbilical cord) and they were very...

Harsh ride on accord [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a solution for the harsh ride on a 2006 honda accord? Handles & maneuvers great but handles bumps like a buckboard. Thanks noboat

A little harsh. [ 47 Answers ]

HARSH YOU SAY? There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold...

Bubbling toilet w/ harsh smell [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first post so Im not sure where this belongs. I just thought plumbing is fitting. We recently finished off our basement with a full bathroom. About 4 months later the toilet seems to be bubbling and gurgling seemingly out of nowhere. This will sometime produce a horrible smell and...

View more questions Search