Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chief845 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 05:36 AM
    Fusion surgery
    Hi,I suffer from degenerative disc disease and am contemplating fusion surgery
    (L3-4,L4-5)and would like to hear anyone's success/failure stories.Thx.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 5, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Hi Chief, my husband had a bone in his foot fused. I know it isn't the same but I can tell you that most of his pain went away after the surgery. Really only the cold weather bothers him a lot and he doesn't have a lot of endurance. I think he was happy with it. I don't know if this is what you were looking for.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 5, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Supplimental to any personal responses, here is an article you should find helpful:

Back Pain Radio transcript: lumbar fusion surgery
    c_patnode Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Hi Chief, I am going in for my 8th back surgery. I feel you pain. I have had Laminectomies, Diskectomies, Fusion of the low back, and a spinal stimulator, I am going in next month to have the stimulator revised. I can tell you that the fusion is hell for a while. You will probably be getting around with a walker for a while. Each doctor has their own procedures and their own ideas of recovery. If you haven't had one I don't see how you could possibly know what it feels like. My fusion was considered failed back surgery syndrome. They put in a spinal stimulator. The stimulator isn't charging because it's too deep, hence the revision. You might want to ask your doctor about the spinal stimulator as opposed to the fusion. It's less evasive then the fusion. It's been my understanding and experience that the fusions rarely work. I'm sorry I couldn't be more positive but I can only speak of my own experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TMJ surgery? [ 4 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with TMJ a few years ago and was told that I would need to get surgery to correct it. The pain comes a few times a year but its nothing serious but you can tell that my jaw is moving and my top teeth don't touch my bottom teeth(partly because I was a finger sucker when I was...

Plastic surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing a lot of research on plastic sergery in Brazil. The dr. I have been talking to seems really great but I don't know him and Brazil is a long ways from the U.S.A. I have seen his before and after pictures and they look amazing and I have done a lot of work in losing 140 lbs and I...

Gillete Fusion Power [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can use the regular Fusion cartridges on a Fusion Power razor?

Vanginal surgery [ 1 Answers ]

:-[ I have had four children and um I no longer enjoy sex as much. Can anything be done to get the vagina back to a more pre-birth state?

View more questions Search