Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ribengals Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Collection agency on my credit report
    There is an account on my credit report from a collection company called FBCS that says I owe them $414. This is not my account and I sent FBCS a letter saying that it was not mine and they need to remove it now. They replied with a letter saying that the account is closed and returned to Sprint who was the original creditor. The also stated that I need to contact Sprint to have it removed. But, its not Sprint's name on my credit report it is FBCS. Since FBCS is the one reporting it shouldn't they be the ones to remove it? How should I proceed.

P.S. I originally contacted the 3 credit report companies and that said it was verified as accurate and I needed to contact FBCS.

This is not mine and I want it removed now. How should I proceed? Thanks.
    BetrayalBtCamp Posts: 307, Reputation: 63

Sep 4, 2008, 12:07 PM
    You need the collection to verify in writing which account they claim you owe & the amt. Then you need to contact Sprint & get them to verify in writing that it's not your acct & that it will be corrected from their end on your credit report. With that you can re-contact the credit bureau's & have the accurate info added to your file, if nothing else.

You have to remember they don't really care about your credit score, so you will have to be very proactive to clear it up. And the collection agency is working for the creditor & are limited to what they can do unless & until you get Sprint to call them off & correct the record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency VS Credit Cards [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, here's hoping you can help. My credit report is clear, No Collections, No Public records and No Negative accounts. I also have an excellent credit score. Does this mean that any old credit balance after the 7 !/2 years is gone? I can't remember that far back. The thing is I received a...

Credit report affected be collection agency [ 3 Answers ]

According to some info that I have been reading, a hospital can turn me over to collections even if I am paying an agreed upon amount faithfully ever month. If I continue to pay the collection agency every month , will this show up adversely on my credit report?

Report judgment to credit agency [ 2 Answers ]

I won a judgement in Los Angeles, and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias.

Is my credit getting worse with a collection agency? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My mastercard debt was recently transferred to a collection agency, CBCL, which I have heard horrible things about. I have made arrangements to pay, though I am feeling wary about it. Obviously, not paying my mastercard debt has made my credit rating decrease. Will paying off this debt to...

Collection Agency on Credit Report. I paid Pride Co. [ 1 Answers ]

Months ago I owed my garbage company (Pride Disposal) $140. I was getting calls from a collection company about it. Because I wanted my garbage service ASAP I paid Pride $140.. Still the Collection Agency called. I called Pride and asked them to call the Agency and tell them this bill had been...

View more questions Search