Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tokm-nikita Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Where did I read this online SF story?
    About a man who is imprisoned on this most hellish prison planet. Recruited and given a new identity in order to assassinate a galactic president candidate (or somebody else important on that scale). Carries out the assassination on board a space station with the help of a very lovely and irrisistibly seductive lady. The woman helps him escape the space station but - evidently - doesn't escape herself. I seem to remember she had silvery skin, but that might be my imagination.

I searched with Google for hours, but didn't turn up with anything.
    All information (site, author, title, names of characters, addition detail) will be graciously accepted.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Sep 5, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I'm wondering if it's something by either Alistair Reynolds or Iain Banks.

Sep 6, 2008, 03:15 PM
    The answer given by Vingogly would be analogous to the following hypothetical and - frankly speaking - fairly comical situation.

- I'm looking for something on a kingdom and a horse. Could you please help me?
    - I wonder if it could be Oscar Wilde or Ernest Hemmingway.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Sep 6, 2008, 07:48 PM
    I gave you specific authors whose works are stylistically congruent to the plot you described. Implying my response is "comical" and thereby disparaging me on my response when you have said "All information (site, author, title, names of characters, addition detail) will be graciously accepted" seems - frankly speaking - hypocritical. It's not being very "gracious", now, is it?

Note too that using disparaging language (which is how I take the use of the word comical) is a violation of the TOS of this board.

Sep 7, 2008, 04:20 PM
    I must repeat, and respectfully disagree with those who do not understand the logic of the English language, that WONDERING whether perhaps the story I am looking for has been written by whatever two authors, CANNOT be considered a valid answer to a STRAIGHT QUESTION. Especially not where the person making the suggestion could have made a small search on the internet to come to the conclusion that his suggestion is most likely not right.
    So, as I said before, I will graciously accept any pertinent INFORMATION. But I am definitely not in need of suggestions, however reasonable they may be.

Sep 17, 2008, 10:02 AM
    I remember the lady had a short name with some "a" 's, something like Fana.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scared of future to break up, read a little of my story [ 4 Answers ]

8 months ago I fell in love with a girl, we lived for almost 6 months together. Ad time passed we understood we are not made for each other. We're both students. The problem is that this girl is sooooooo selfish, she wants everything for herself. Although we had this decision to marry, but she...

Now This Is A Very Funny Waxing Story... read On [ 5 Answers ]

WAX is NOT your friend CAUTION: Be prepared to laugh out loud... I laughed till I almost cried as I could just see this happening! (And I feel it too!) All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal- The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair, and now......

Not a funny story but read anyway [ 3 Answers ]

This is by no means a funny or humorous story. This story basically tells of the consequences of drinking and driving. Also, this is a very sad story, so those who may be offended at the DWI issue, then don't read, I do not mean to offend anyone. Ok, so here it is. A group of girls who were...

Good math story (parents, you should read!) [ 1 Answers ]

By no means am I a genius or a math whiz, however I was able to successfully answer the question, "when are we ever going to use this trig' in real life?" My oldest step-daughter was 14 and staying with us for the summer. She was about 5'3" at the time and I'm 6'1". She was continually moving...

My story please read [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone! My first post here. Well you see, I know my ex-girlfriend since she was 14 and I was 16. It was during the time when AIM was pretty popular. I don't want to get too much detail into that but we talk and we ended up liking each other. Even when I had a girl I still liked her...

View more questions Search